About time

"You can't just come in here and say you're sorry and expect me to automatically welcome you back!" I yelled at Maizy.

"I don't know why I left that night Emory! I don't know why! I was just completely shocked! I'm sorry." She yelled back at me almost crying.

"And have you been in a state of shock for the past week? No! You could've called me or came over or literally done anything else but avoid me!"

"I said I was sorry."

"And why haven't you been at school!"

"I couldn't go."

"Why."

"I didn't know what to say."

"How about saying 'oh I'm sorry I don't feel the same.'"

"But I do."

"You do what?"

"Feel the same." She said quieter.

"But you didn't do the dare." I spoke quiet too. Maizy leaned down to where our faces were an inch apart. She closed her eyes and put her lips on mine. Her hands moved to my back and pulled me even closer to her. My heart was racing so fast once I realized what was happening. I couldn't breathe. She pulled away and stared at me.

"I did it now."

"I can tell." I tried not to smile.

"Was that okay?"

"It was more than okay." I put my arm around her back and kissed her again. Adrenaline ran through my body as she kissed back.

My front door opened and nearly slammed into both of us, breaking the kiss.

"Well... this is new. I'm going to go." My mom said as she walked inside. Maizy and I laughed.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have walked away. Or avoided you. I just didn't want to lose you."

"So you figured to avoid me because you didn't want to lose me?" I stared at her for a moment before we broke into laughter again.

"Are we good now?" She smiled.

"That depends on what we are."

"Maybe this will answer your question." She pushed me up against the wall and began to kiss me again.

"Um girls I made food!" My mom called from the kitchen. Maizy leaned back and smiled.

"Coming mom!" I grabbed her hand and lead her to the table.

"Do you like pasta Maizy?" My mom asked her.

"Yes, thank you." She smiled at my mom. My mom placed a plate of pasta in front of both of us.

"Thanks mom."

"So is this," she pointed at the two of us, "something you want to talk about?"

"Well as it turns out, you were right about it not being over." She smirked.

"She can't come over when I'm not home and no closed doors!"

"Mommmm."

"Well isn't that what parents say when their kids start dating?" I tried not to laugh.

"She didn't say we couldn't go to your house." I whispered into Maizy's ear.

"I have a babysitter remember?" She whispered to me.

"Savannah ships us."

"How do you know that?"

"She was trying to help me... with you..?"

"Why am I not apart of this conversation? Am I not cool enough?" My mom interrupted us and smiled.

"So sorry mom." I said sarcastically and we all laughed.

Maizy was still holding my hand.