Real date

"I'm still mad at you." I told Maizy as she got in the car. I was still confused about why she left that one night. If she liked me then why wouldn't she take the opportunity to kiss me? I was thinking about it all night but once she got in the car the anger started to fade. But I did want a better explanation.

"Okay honestly Em, " OHMYGOD SHE JUST CALLED ME EM SHE GAVE ME A NICKNAME. "I was scared. Of what people would say or think. Remember when I told you I liked one of my friends? And I told her? She told all my friends and they all stopped talking to me. I didn't know if you were doing it because you liked me, or because you were testing me. I just didn't want the same thing to happen all over again. I wanted to be sure." 

I understood this. I didn't want to make her feel bad for it when we can spend our time the way I've been wanting to spend it.

"Does that mean we can't hold hands at school?" I asked her.

"I never said that." She smiled and grabbed my hand. Dustin got into the front seat and looked back at us. He stared at us confused before he spoke.

"Anything new?" He asked.

"Everything is." Maizy answered him.

"Okay I know you have to show that Mackenzie girl around but don't look at her. Or talk to her. Or touch her." Maizy said to me almost laughing.

"Are you seriously going to be one of those girlfriends?"

"No I'm just kidding." She laughed. "But seriously don't touch her." We started walking towards the parking lot so we could find my mom to take us home.

"Do you want to go on a date?"

"Emory. I. Am. Still. Grounded." As she said that I felt someone wrap their arm around my neck.

"Did I hear something about you guys going on a date?" Savannah, Maizy's babysitter, asked coming out of nowhere.

"Um well-" Maizy started.

"I'm going on a date tonight! Let's make it a double date, you guys can come along. Don't worry I won't tell your parents Maizy."

"Well... then I guess we're going on a date." Maizy turned to me and kissed my cheek. My cheeks turned a bright red and at this point in my life, I really didn't care who saw.

I put on a black top with a casual blue skirt and a pink jacket. I didn't really know where we were going yet, therefore I didn't know how to dress. I took a deep breathe and rang Maizy's doorbell. Savannah answered.

"You look great! Maizy is almost ready."

"Where are we going?"

"A drive in movie." Before I could answer I saw Maizy come down the stairs. She was wearing her usual converse with high waisted shorts, a crop top, and a big black jacket.

It gets really cold at night okay, hence the jackets.

"Hi." Maizy said to me. Maybe i should give her a nickname too. Maiz works.

"Hi." I smiled to her. She grabbed my hand and we all went outside. A blue truck stopped in front of the house and waved to us.

"Get in!" The girl driving called out. Savannah went in the front and Maizy and I sat in the very small version of backseats.

"This is Jasmine." Jasmine smiled and said hi.

Once we got to the drive in we all jumped into the back of the truck and sat down. Jasmine handed Maizy and I a blanket to share. She held my hand and laid her head on my shoulder. Instant butterflies flew around in my stomach. But this time the butterflies felt happy, instead of anxious.