Get out

still in Maizy's point of view

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled at Mackenzie. "Did you not just hear me say I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND? She's already mad at me for hanging out with you!" I looked out my window into Emory's. I caught her gaze. She stared at me with watery eyes and then shut her blinds.

Okay did Emory not just see that I pushed Mackenzie off of me? Why is she so mad? God I literally just proved I don't like Mackenzie by doing that.

"And I'm much better than your girlfriend."

"You are not! Seriously what's up with you today?"

"I'm prettier, smarter, funner, I could treat you better, I wouldn't get jealous, and well I obviously have better boobs than Emory." She laughed.

"Emory is the most perfect human being I've ever seen and I could stare Emory's boobs all day, thank you very much!"

"At least my dad loves me enough to actually be home."

"Okay that's it, get the hELL out of my house." I pointed to the door.

"I can't leave without a kiss." Before I could yell at her again she slammed me against the wall. Mackenzie was the same height as me. She moved my hair back.

"Stop." I tried to walk away.

"I don't think so." She laughed and tried to kiss me again. I pushed her off of me as hard as I could and she fell to the wooden floor. I quickly grabbed scissors from my desk.

"GET THE HELL OUT." She slowly stood up.

"I'll be back." She threatened and walked out. I lowered the scissors and slid down the wall. I took a deep breathe and looked back out my window. Emory's blinds were out of the way and I saw her looking at me again. She frowned and faded from the window.

Why is she frowning when I obviously don't like Mackenzie? I'm not cheating on her. I mean Mackenzie clearly has some issues but that's not my fault. Jeez. Girls are so complicated.

I sighed as I got up and ran outside. I knocked on her blue door almost ten times before her mom opened it.

"She doesn't want to talk to you right now."

"Please please please let me in Miss Ross. I am so sorry." Emory's mom seemed a little upset but she moved aside, letting me in anyway. I instantly ran up the steps and knocked on Emory's door.

"Em?" She didn't answer. "Emory please let me in. I just want to explain." I heard her sniffle. "I'm coming in." I opened her door and walked in.

She was sitting on the floor looking at herself in the mirror. I found a tear falling down her cheek. I stared at her for thirty seconds. It was very quiet.

"Why didn't you believe me?" She softly asked me. Maybe she did have a valid reason to be mad at me. I wouldn't want her hanging out with someone who liked her. Things happen.

"Em, I'm so so so sorry. I don't know why." I sat down next to her and wiped the tear away.

"I'm not accepting your apology. Go be with Mackenzie." She said without moving her glance from the mirror.

"Emory as you can clearly see, I don't like her. I pushed her away."

"You probably saw me watching so you needed to pretend."

"Emory I'm serious. You're my everything."

"If I was your everything, maybe you would've thought to ask me where I went after camp. Or if I was alive. I could've been kidnapped dammit! You didn't know where I was but you didn't care. You just wanted to hang out with Mackenzie. You care about her more than me."

"That's not true. If I wanted her, I wouldn't be here right now trying to fix my mistake with the most amazing girl in the world." I wiped another tear away from her cheek.

"Just leave me alone."

"Em, don't you get it? I only want to be with you. If I had to choose between you and anyone else in the world, I would choose you. Even over Emma Watson. Maybe." She half smiled. "I'm so sorry I didn't realize it before. You had a right to be jealous but I didn't listen. I'm sorry. This won't ever happen again. This is one of the worst mistakes of my life."

She shook her head still while looking at the mirror.

"I was wrong. I realize that now. I wish I realized it earlier." This time she shook her head up and down. "Does that mean you forgive me? And we can go watch a movie?"

Emory smiled and turned her glance from the mirror. I sighed in relief. She forgives me, thank god. I didn't think she would for a moment. She leaned over close to my face. Right in the perfect moment to kiss her, she stopped me. She then whispered something to me.

"Get. Out."