#4 : First Love

FIRST LOVE - YOONGYEON

*

YOONGI'S POV

"Let's break up." I came back to Korea and all of my memories of you are coming back as well. I sighed and placed the earpiece inside my ear. I continued listening to my favorite music as I think of you. You really are something I can never forget, Nayeon and I don't know if it's a curse or what.

I called for a cab and hopped in once it arrived. You're still the girl inside my head even though I already reached the hotel. You're still the woman I've been thinking of after all these years. How can I forget my first love, anyway? You're the one who gave me hope, strength--everything--in those times when I was struggling with myself. You played a big role in my life, so I can't just erase you in my head...especially in my heart.

Once I entered my room, I laid on the bed and looked at the ceiling because my back is aching since I am really tired of work. I decided to go back to Korea, so I can give myself a break and bond with my parents, but then I remember you. The times that we had together, they're still all clear inside my head.

"Let's dance!" You pulled my hand and danced with me on the dance floor. I do not know who you are because you just dragged me out of my seat while I'm having a peaceful life with myself. We slow danced. You placed your hands on my nape while I awkwardly held your waist. There's a one meter distance between the two of us, but you pulled me closer to you and smiled like an idiot. I don't know what's happening to you, tho. I was creeped and weirded out at the same time with that idiotic smile of yours. 

"Excuse me, but do we know each other?" I asked you, but the next thing I knew is that you're already crying. To be honest, you're the ugliest person I've met when crying. Your eyes are closed real tight as they release never-ending tears. Your nose is wrinkled and those two nostrils of yours are getting bigger and bigger as you sob. Your mouth is larger than the door and I didn't know why I loved the fact that your bunny teeth is like a superstar, getting all of the attention from everyone. You cry like a kid, but somehow, I liked it. I smiled when you were crying.

So I slowly pulled you towards me and hugged you. I caressed your hair and let you cry on my chest because that's the only thing I know about calming someone sad, even though I don't know why you're tearing up. "It will pass by." I whispered and somehow, with those words, everything in my world changed.

Involuntarily, my eyes started releasing tears. I still miss you. I sat down on my bed and shook my head, "You should be happy because you're with your family right now." I then stood up with a smiled and decided to take a shower, so I can calm my head.

*

Since I'll be visiting my parents later, I decided to go to the supermarket and buy some ingredients for the food that I'll prepare for them. It's been some months since I last cooked. I wasn't able to cook dishes as time passes by because I became busier and busier each day. I'm a supervisor inside our company, so it's kind of hard, but I still enjoy what I'm doing.

"Fusili or fettucine?" I asked myself as I hold two different kinds of pasta on my hands. "It's pesto, Yoongi. Any type of pasta can go well with the dish." I answered myself as well. This is how I decide; I usually ask myself. This is also how I decided in letting you go.

"Let's break up." You said while lying down on our couch. I stopped playing the piano and looked at you. I don't know if you're actually serious or something because you're just lazily lying down and looks very uninterested to that fidget spinner that you're playing with.