#9 : Sleep Tight, Good Night

SLEEP TIGHT, GOOD NIGHT - SAJIM

*

"Sleep tight, good night." With those words, Sana leaned over Jimin to press her lips onto his forehead. He closed his eyes to cherish that half a second kiss and smiled. He smiled beneath his mask and breathed deeply. She looked at his angel-like face and smiled ever so sweetly. She ran her forefinger through his cheek and bid her last good night for that evening. She stood up from his bed and turned to Mr. Park. "I'll come back tomorrow morning, sir."

"As always." They both let out a soft chuckle. Mr. Park looked at Jimin who is sleeping so soundly through a life support. "Okay. See you tomorrow morning." Sana nodded and excused herself from the old man. She waited outside the hospital for a cab or a bus.

All she thinks now is Jimin. Whenever she is not around him every time he takes a nap or a sleep, she feels anxious. She thinks all of the bad things that might happen to her boyfriend while asleep. What if someone trips over the machine and he'll die? What if the machine stops working? What if there will be a shortage of electricity in the house that will cause a blackout? She thinks of those things most of the time, so she's pretty paranoid. She does her best to show Jimin that she's positive of his situation.

Once she saw an empty cab, she called for it and entered. "Where are we heading, miss?" The driver asked. Sana took her money from her purse and gave it to the driver. She coughed, so she took her handkerchief right away to avoid spreading any viruses.

"Seoul Guide Medical, ahjussi." She once coughed after saying those words. It's time for her to get her results from her check up last week. Her coughs are very irritable that she's embarrassed to cough again because the cab driver is pretty bothered by her condition. She felt a hard time breathing and her chest pains are suddenly back. The last time that she experienced her chest pains was two days ago. 

She arrived the hospital in no time because the driver thought that she really needs to rush. She went straight to her doctor's clinic to get her results. She took out her handkerchief once again to cover her mouth, but when she looked at it, it's full of blood. It just made her breathe more harder. Her chest pains were more extreme than earlier, that she needs to hold onto the wall and stop for a while to catch her breaths as well.

She reached the clinic and knocked three times before the doctor called her in. She sighed because she's nervous, but it's nothing to be nervous about because she knows that she's in an extreme condition now. She knows that there's something terrible about her health.

"I was waiting for you to come, Ms. Minatozaki." Sana smiled a bit and said sorry for making him wait. He took a folder and gave it to her for her to read it instead of him. "Do you want me to get straight to the point?" She opened the folder and saw a POSITIVE on the results area. She gulped as she doesn't know how will she react. "You donated your right lung before, am I right?" Sana looked at him and nodded. "Poor you."

"Was it a bad decision to donate my other lung Jimin back then?"

"Nope," The doctor shook his head in disagreement. "That was really a brave thing to do, though." He added. "But you have lymphangioleiomyomatosis right now. It usually has a slow progress, but with one lung to live, I don't know. Your pain will double."

"Do you know..." she continued staring at the doctor because she's hoping. "...any treatment?"

"Lung transplant." He answered. "We don't have any cure for the disease itself." She suddenly don't know what to do. She can't cry right now because she will just have a hard time breathing. "Lymphangioleiomyomatosis or LAM only affects women. This occurs when the smooth muscle cells proliferate your chest and other parts of it, leading to the deterioration of the lung function." She nodded at what he's saying, but the only thing that she could think of as of the moment is Jimin.