#8 : Wings

WINGS - JUNGHYO

*

"Why don't you say yes to me already?" Jungkook made a puppy face as an aegyo, but Jihyo just laughingly smacked his face with the flowers that he bought for her. Jungkook frowned. "I've been courting you for like months already."

"It's not the time span, Kook." She said as if it was a fact. "You just haven't fully captured my heart yet."

"What should I do then?"

"Wait for me to make up my mind." She winked at him and he almost fainted of what she did. They both shared a laugh and decided to go to their classes after the lunch break is over.

As they head back to their own classes, Jungkook hesitated if he should ask Jihyo for a date tomorrow since it's Saturday and Jihyo saw his hesitance, so she decided to ask him why.

"Oh, nothing." He said in an innocent tone and scratched the back of his head. He made a soft chuckle which made her lips curve upwards. She found it cute. She stopped from walking and so did Jungkook. She giggled and pinched both of his cheeks. "What are you doing?" Jungkook asked with his cheeks blushing.

"You're just so cute." She said and held her hands down. Jungkook felt like his world stopped when she neared her face to him as she says those words. He gawked over her stupidly. His eyes are smiling and his mouth is widely open. "You look stupid just now, Kook." Jihyo slapped his face gently and grabbed him by the wrist, so they can start walking again.

Jungkook stared at Jihyo's hand that is holding his wrist.

"Let's go on a date." Those words just blurted out of his mouth and he regretted it right away. She faced him and paused from walking. He gulped, not knowing what should he do. He heaved a deep and long sigh. "I-I mean, I w-want...t-to--"

"Okay." She nodded. Jungkook is completely shocked of what he heard. "Pick me up by my house tomorrow." She then quickly fled from him towards her class. She held on her chest because her heart is pounding very fast by now. She can't believe that she actually said yes to him.

*

"Honey! There's a boy outside!" Jihyo ran downstairs when her mother yelled. She smiled at her and bid her good bye, giving her a quick peck on her cheek. "Do you want extra money?" She asked.

Jihyo waved her hands no and shook her head sideways, "No thanks, mom. I brought extra money."

"Bring my credit card with you--"

"It's really okay." She gave her an assuring smile and told her that she will be leaving already. Her mother nodded and watched her daughter exit their house.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting." Jihyo apologized as soon as she saw Jungkook outside her house, leaning on his car with both hands on his pockets, trying to look cool, but Jihyo just laughed at what she saw. "You don't look cool." She chuckled.

Jungkook pouted, "Hop in." He opened the car's door for her. Jihyo didn't hesitate, so she entered the car and he did the same. He drove them towards their destination.

"Where will you take me, coconut head?" She asked as she puts on her seatbelt.

"Museum." He answered shortly and continued driving. Jihyo thought that she must've heard wrong, so she asked him again to confirm it, but he really said that they're going to the museum.

"Is this a field trip, Jeon Jungkook?" She unbelievably asked. She can't get over the fact that her first suitor will take her to a museum for their first date. "You're not the type of guy that will enjoy museum trips."