#10 : Deja Vu

DEJA VU - TAETZU

*

TAEHYUNG'S POV

"Hi," I glanced at the lady beside me. She poked me on my shoulder and when I gazed at her, I thought I saw an angel. "Uhm, do you have any sardines?" Sardines for such pretty lady? When she talked, her dimples popped out.

"Are you..." I paused and scanned her perfect face. "...perhaps an angel?" She giggled and I have never received a response like that whenever I ask that to women. I usually get slapped when I try saying those pick up lines, but today I got the most perfect response that I've been expecting for ages.

"No, I'm a normal lady."

"You're not a lady. You're an angel." I told her. She chuckled and handed me her palm. If I touch it, would she slap me? It looks so smooth and soft.

"My sardines, sir." I nodded and looked for the sardines that she's been wanting. The reason why she approached me is because of a mere sardines. When I successfully saw it, I took it and gave it to her. She thanked me swiftly and turned her back on me. Oh wow, her back is beautiful as well. How can be a lady so pretty inside and outside? I feel like she's one of a kind.

I wish I can see her everyday.

*

It's been 2 weeks and I have never seen her again. I was expecting her to step in the store everyday, but it doesn't happen. I always fix my eyes on the glass doors to see her, but she's not entering. Maybe that was the last time I saw her. I should've asked for her number, so that I can contact her. How stupid, Taehyung.

"Take over the counter for a while, Tae." Bogum hyung said, so I went to the counter and stayed there. It's so boring since not a lot of people are inside the store, so I had to chill here for a while. I grabbed a comic book and focused my time on reading that. I put my feet up the counter and leaned my back on the chair.

I heard the wind chime, meaning that someone entered, but I didn't bother looking. It's not her anyway. I can call her 'her' only because I didn't even ask for her name! Wow, just great Kim Taehyung. How can I even score at her if I don't know anything about her? I don't even know the basic information of her. How sad.

"Excuse me?" That voice seemed familiar, so I placed the comic book aside and stood up. It's the lady from 2 weeks ago! "Oh, it's you." She reacted. She placed a basket full of goods on the counter. "Please punch those in."

"Yeah, sure." I smiled and started punching each thing. "You really came back. I thought you won't even have any interest to go around the store."

She laughed softly, causing me to stare at her. "I had to drop by because we've been losing all our food at home."

"Don't you live here?"

"I live with my kids at an apartment nearby the area." Kids? That made me stop punching. My eyebrows just crossed hard and I think everything on me didn't process right away.

"You have a husband? A partner?" Please say none.

She giggled and held her head low. She then looked at me right away after. "Not anymore. I ran away from him." When she said those words, I just noticed her different scars on her hands. She has a small scratch on her face. Things must've been hard for her. "Please hurry up. No one's taking care of my kids in our apartment."

"Sure." I nodded and continued my work. I didn't realize that she's pretty beaten up by her partner from before. She's strong emotionally, tho.