#7 : Awake

AWAKE - JINA

*

The excitement in his body can be seen right away. She's finally awake. But he knows that despite the fact that she's already over her comatose state, she's still fighting for her life.

He knocked on the door, sighed deep and entered her room smilingly. He has to wear this smile again to assure her that he's fine; that he's just okay. He saw her in her usual spot. She's sitting on her bed, leaning her back on the head rest and reading a book. He grinned wider because he knew that whenever she reads a book, she's inside its world again. He knew that she's imagining them together as the protaginists of the romance book that she's reading. He then felt special when he noticed that it's his gift that she was reading.

"Hey," he greeted her and walked towards her bed. Mina tilted her head towards his direction, smiling. She then placed the book aside. "How's my girl?" Jin sat at the edge of her bed, handing her the bouquet of flowers that he bought. She took it and smelled its fragrance. She really love dahlias for it is her favorite kind of flower.

"Thank you for this..." she just held the flowers and didn't let go of it. Jin grinned, but it's a painful grin. "...I-I'm doing okay." She answered and held his hand. Jin placed his palm over her hands and held it. He just looked at how pale her hands are and how thin her fingers are. He did his best to hold back his tears. "Y-You made my day just by calling me y-your g-girl." She giggled slightly, causing his heart to hurt more. He's happy that she's happy, but he's hurt because of her state. "H-How's my love?" She asked back, making him chuckle. He heaved a sigh and looked at her, still smiling so he can wash away her worries.

"I'm doing okay." He answered. "Guess what, hon? I won 4 major cases the past 2 weeks." Mina was amazed because of her boyfriend's achievements. Jin is working as a lawyer for a company and she knows how hard is his work. "There are many good things happening to me these past few days. Besides winning cases, my boss is deciding whether to give me a promotion or not. Dad is building another branch of our business in Myeongdong. Mom is doing well with her own cosmetics business as well and my little sister just graduated." He told her, but he paused as he looked at her. He smiled painfully and held his tears back once more. "And y-you're still with me." His voice almost cracked, causing Mina to worry about him. She hates it whenever he's about to cry, especially if she's the reason. She saw him cry many times already and she knows that Jin doesn't deserve such pain because all he did is just to be good to other and to himself. She can't see the reason why should he suffer. "M-Mina, please stay." He begged.

Mina's tears flow, yet she's smiling. "Y-You know I can't do that." She said, finding it hard to breathe. Jin stared at her and glanced at the multiple machines that is keeping her alive. "D-Don't stare...at my friends." She jested, but he didn't laugh. He let out a very swift and soft chuckle and turned his gaze back to her.

They stared at each other, just smiling as they hold each other's hand.

"J-Jin," she called out for his name. It might be the last time that he will hear his name come out of her mouth. "Out of all w-women out there..." she paused. "...why did you c-choose to suffer with me?" She asked.

Jin tucked her hair behind her ear and held her cheek. "It's because I love you." He answered and kissed her forehead. It's such a simple answer, but his sincerity can be felt. Mina held his hand on her cheek and kissed it.

"I-I know that...and I love you, too." Her tears started streaming through her face. "B-But what I mean is..." she looked at him. "...w-why did you choose to love me back though y-you know that i-it's wrong?"

"Because you deserve to get the love from the people that you love as well." It made her smile. He knows how to make her lips curve upwards even though it has just been seven months since they met.

They met at a restaurant. The restaurant's owner is Jin's father and at that time, Mina is there to ask them if they can cater to her wedding reception. Jin's father was not there, so he decided to talk to her instead. As soon as he laid his eyes on her, he knew that it's love at first sight and he has to keep it as a secret. Mina kept talking about what food she likes, but he's just there, staring at her pretty face.

"So...can you cater?" She asked and he nodded, though he didn't understand. He just took the offer and they settled things. "Thank you so much. I'll be looking forward to your dishes." Jin smiled awkwardly and nodded. She then fled from her sight and he held onto his chest because of what he felt as he stares at her.

"M-Mina-ssi," he called. Mina hummed a yes. "Do you still love me? After all of what happened?" He wondered if she still loves him because he had been into a lot of trouble. But despite of all those troubles, she still accepted him and loved him. Seeing him doing mistakes doesn't stop her from loving him.

"Y-Yeah," she stuttered and nodded. Jin felt more overwhelmed. "C-Can you take me to the terrace?" Jin nodded his head right away and grabbed the wheelchair beside her bed. He carried her and helped her sit on the wheelchair. He then took het to the terrace as they watch the beautiful sunset. "I wanted to spend a lifetime with you..." she held her head low and teared up. "...but that's impossible already."

"You can spend a day with me." He placed his hands on his shoulders. "It'll be your best day."

"B-But this might be my last day w-with you." She said in a sad tone. Jin became lonelier just by hearing her sad voice, but he stayed positive. "I love you."

"I love you more." He reached for her cheeks and kissed it. He hugged her from behind and remained silent. They watched the sun go down and then they heard a door's creak. They both tilted their heads to that direction and Jin immediately let go of her.

"Jimin," he mumbled. Jimin smiled at him and walked towards them. "I-I didn't know that you'd come."

"You don't have to." He squatted to level Mina. He held her cheeks and greeted her with a kiss on her nose. "Are you ready to go, babe?" Mina nodded a little and then Jimin looked at Jin. The guy is uncomfortably standing beside the married couple. "Alright. Let's go." Jimin pushed her wheelchair away from Jin. Mina tilted her head to see Jin and to bid her last good bye.

She waved her hand and mouthed the three-word sentence that she could repeat forever for him. Once he grinned, his tears fell. He waved his hand good bye and sobbed when she's finally out of his sight.

--*

Follow my collab account: @fybangtwice

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D