#24 : I Want You Back

MINAYOON - I WANT YOU BACK

*

"I have never been this in love," I say softly as I stroke her hair. She smiles and holds my hand, looking straight into my eyes. Deep into my soul. "You may not be my first love, but you will certainly be the last." I kissed her forehead and hugged her tightly.

"Let's stay like this." She says and I shed a tear. I am so sure of her. I would risk everything for her. 

"I won't ever let you go." I whisper.

*

"Baby, c'mon. We're late for the movies!" I shout from the living room, waiting for my girlfriend who is dolling herself up. She's weird. She doesn't need to put effort in to her looks because she already looks perfect to me.

"I'm coming!" She yells back and hurries towards me. My jaw drop as soon as I see her angelic face. Her gummy smile puts butterflies in my stomach. "Sorry for making you wait." She kisses my cheek after.

I snake my hand on her waist, "It's not me who waited. It was the film." She laughingly slaps my shoulder and we head out to the movies.

*

Law school is not an easy feat, and so is med school. 

A few months from now, I will be a lawyer in progress and my beautiful girlfriend will be studying to be a doctor. We will most likely be busy for each other because of the hectic schedule, but I know we can work this out.

Today, we're heading out for our last date of this year's vacation. I want to treat her to a nice restaurant and pay for everything, but she will surely drag me to a cheap fastfood chain. I love that about her. She's not a high maintenance girl. She probably knows that she's got everything, being the princess in her family, but she kept her profile low.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks and holds my hand. We're inside the subway and we've been fond of PDA ever since we've been together. 

"Our future." I say.

She smiles, "You know what?" I hummed after her question. "I will never let you go. I am so fucking sure of you, Yoons. I can't see myself loving anyone after you if you'll break up with me." When I stared at her, I knew how sincere she was. Those words came from her heart.

I kissed her lips, "I will marry you."

*

It's been a few months since school started. We barely had time for each other because we're busy with each other's academics. I called her, "Hi, baby."

"Hi, baby. What's up?"

"What time is your last class?"

"19:00. How about you, babes?"

"13:00." I hear her sigh. "I'll wait for you."

"That's six hours. It's better if you'd go home."

"We barely had time, baby. Let me walk you home tonight. I missed you, so much." She giggles a little while after. "All right? I love you."

"Hmm. I love you, too, baby."

*

A few months later, I noticed that we've been spending less time with each other. I always chat her, so we can go out every weekends, but she always leave me on read.

I don't know what's going on.

*

She tweeted.

She was out with her friends.

So, I called her. Every ring felt like hell. I don't know if she will pick up or not. She doesn't even reply to my messages. I'm worried.

"Hello?" I closed my eyes. Her voice felt soothing, but her tone sounded like...

...disappointment.

"Hi, baby. I saw your tweet. You were out with your friends?"

"Ah, yeah. We went out last night."

"Can we meet this Saturday? I really missed you."

"Next time, baby." My eyebrows furrowed. She never prioritized anything unneccessary than me. "I'll have to hang up. Bye."

"I love-"

I love you, Mina. 

But what's going on?

Maybe she's busy with academics. It's for our future anyway. This is OK, Yoongi.

*

Days and weeks have passed and it's still the same. I want to know what's going on because I'm aching. My heart is wretching.

*

"Baby," I called her when I saw her walking out of her campus. She looks at me, probably surprised of why I'm waiting for her. It's already 19:00 and I want to take her out for dinner. I appeared happily, "Mina, can we eat dinner?"

"Why?"

"What--what do you mean 'why'?" We're a couple, Mina. 

"Ah, sorry. Let's go," she chuckled swiftly.

When we got to the place, we ordered right away and waited for the food. I was the only one asking her questions as she answers blandly. It's as if she's not interested. 

This is not the girl I love.

"Baby, what's going on?" I took the initiative to ask. 

"..." 

I felt scared, so I held her hand. "Baby, can you tell me what's going on?"

"I...don't know." She tries her best to avoid eye contact with me. It hurts. 

It just fucking hurts, Mina.

"I thought you're sure about me?"

"I thought so, too." Was those words empty? 

"Mina, don't do this."

"Yoongi," she whispers and looks at me. This is how she used to look at me. She looks at me straight into my eyes and deep into my soul. I feel like drowning. "I'm tired."

"Tired of what? Did you grow tired of me?" I wanted to shout, yell my feelings out because I don't understand her.

"Somehow," she sighs and I cried. "I grew tired for you. I don't think I can look at you sacrificing yourself for me. You were always there for me and I can't do the same."

"We can talk this over, baby." I grasped tightly.

"Baby," she sheds a tear. "Let's rest."

--*

thank you for 3.7 followers! <33

don't forget to vote, comment and share! :D