2- We can create anything we want!

[2005 - 5 years old]
"Soulmate? What's a soulmate?" Marinette asked her mother, Sabine. The two were in the kitchen of their family bakery. Marinette was helping her mother bake cookies. She had just described her dream to Sabine, who told Marinette it was her way of connecting with her soulmate.

"Well honey, a soulmate is like..the person you were destined to be with. You were made for each other. They're your best friend. Your lover." Sabine explained.

"Is daddy your soulmate?" Marinette asked.

Sabine smiled and nodded before showing the little girl her wrist, which had the name "Tom" printed in cursive.

"Am I going to get a tattoo?" Marinette asked, eyes sparkling.

Sabine laughed and shook her head. She stopped mixing the batch of cookies, wiped her hands on her apron before grabbing Marinette's shoulders and facing her.

"No Mari. Everyone has a different connection with their soulmate. Your father and I, we have a tattoo of each other's name. Some people draw on their arms and it pops up on their soulmates." Sabine explained.

"So my way of being with my soulmate..is by dreaming of him?" Marinette asked confused.

"It's not just dreaming of him, you're actually with him. You can talk and interact with each other. Do whatever you want. That white void? You can change that. If you concentrate really hard, you can make it be whatever landscape you want!" Sabine grinned.

Marinette lit up and jumped up and down.

"Anything I want?"

"Absolutely anything," Sabine confirmed.

Marinette began running around the room in excitement.

"So the boy, he's my soulmate?" Marinette stopped and turned to her mother scratching her chin. Sabine nodded.

Marinette began running again.

"I'm going to marry him!" She yelled. Sabine just laughed and watched her daughter with adoration.

"That sounds great honey!"

-

Marinette couldn't wait to sleep that night. She even went to bed almost an hour earlier than usual. However, when the bluebell eyed girl laid in her bed, she couldn't sleep due to the thrill of seeing her soulmate again.

'Why can't I just sleep already?!' Marinette whined to herself.
Eventually, she fell asleep.

Marinette opened her eyes to white. She was laying on the cold, plain floor. She shot up and looked around for her soulmate.

"I thought I'll never see you again!" A voice called from behind her.

Marinette turned and saw the short, blonde boy wearing the same attire as the night before; a cat onesie with an adorable bell. He waved shyly.

"Hi." Marinette smiled at him.

The two walked towards each other until they about a metre apart.

"I told my mum about yesterday. She said that you were my soulmate!" Marinette grinned happily. The boy's pale cheeks slightly burned pink.

"Yes, my Mama said that too. She told me that we'll see each other every night." The boy smiled.

"Yup! And that we can create anything we want!" Marinette jumped up and down with excitement.

"Huh?" The boy asked confused.

"Watch!" Marinette squeezed her eyes shut. She imagined a pool in her head.

"Woah! How'd you do that!" The boy squealed in delight. Across from them, in the middle of the empty, white void, was a large 9 by 3-metre pool with a water slide.

"Just imagine something!" Marinette told him proudly.

The boy squeezed his eyes shut, and then a blue water gun popped in front of him. He grinned devilishly, picked it up and aimed it at Marinette.

"No! You can't shoot your soulmate!"

The boy squirted Marinette and started chasing her around the pool. Then Marinette created her own water gun and began shooting him.

"Nooo!" Her soulmate cried. The boy then created water balloons and began chucking it at her. Marinette matched him but had much better accuracy and strength. They kept on imagining and creating more and more things, till the place was littered with toys and delights everywhere.

Eventually, the two collapsed on the floor, panting and laughing side by side.

"That was so much fun!" Marinette grinned. She turned to face her soulmate who was already facing her. They were so close they were touching, bluebell eyes piercing emerald ones.

"I agree!" The boy grinned.

"Hey, your eyes!" Marinette noticed.

"What? What's wrong with them?" The boy frowned.

"Nothing, I can see them! I couldn't before!" Marinette grinned.

"Oh yeah! I can see yours too!"

The two stared into each other's eyes. Marinette realised how close they were and pushed the boy away.

"Ew, cooties!" She squealed. The boy laughed.

They now sat up straight, legs crossed and faced each other.

"What can I call you?" He asked randomly.

"Princess Marinette!" She giggled. But the boy only heard princess.

"Alrighty. For now, I'll call you Princess."

Marinette's facial expression was one of pure happiness and delight.

"And you? What should I call you?" Marinette asked.

"Hmm..for now call me your Knight." He smiled at her.

"Okay." Marinette giggled.

Then their world began to fade. They quickly waved farewell before everything darkened to black..

My writing's so sucky I cri. (EDIT: I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE FISHING FOR COMPLIMENTS I GENUINELY THOUGHT THAT YOU GUYS ARE SO KIND T_T I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU)