15- Slowly but surely

It's been over four months since I've started this book x.x I am hopeless. Sorry everyone :(

BTW AHHHH THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 3K AND 200 VOTES AHHHHHHH I LOVE YOU THANKS FOR READING HAVE A GOOD DAY

"Hey Marinette, can I talk to you?"
It was a cool Monday morning and the clouds blocked out the sun. Nino and Alya were flirting with each other at lunch, so Adrien decided to confront the bluenette.

She was touching her ear, with a frown on her face.

She glanced up at him, stumbling back a bit.

"Uhh, yeah sure? What about?" Marinette felt extremely embarrassed to be around her friends. She couldn't help but replay the events of the previous two days a million times that morning.

Though luckily, she did have Chat Noir talking to her the entire day on Sunday. They mainly talked about themselves. Marinette smiled at the thought of Chat Noir. He always made her happy just by talking to him. Her soulmate unfortunately did seem very upset though. She blamed it with the fake Ladybug he had been with.

Adrien held out his hand to Marinette hesitantly, before putting his hand in hers. Both immediately blushed.

He dragged her gently, a few meters away from their friend's, under the school stairs before slowly letting go of her hand.

Adrien looked down sadly.
"I..well. I found out Mireille was a fake on Saturday. You were right. Right about Mireille working with Chloe." Tears pricked the boys green eyes. Marinette gasped, eyes focusing on the blonde with concern.

"See, my soulmate connection is to share dreams. My soulmate and I planned to meet in real life. Mireille claimed she was my soulmate and I guess I just believed her. It's a long story. I just-" Adrien choked on his words and a single tear streamed down his face. Marinette pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back soothingly. Adrien greatly appreciated this, but didn't notice Marinette's hand shaking and heart racing.

Neither spoke. Mainly because Marinette was in pure shock.

Cranks and gears turned in Marinette's head as she saw invisible equations in the air. She began putting two and two together, and no matter which perspective she looked at her situation, she came to the same conclusion.

And this conclusion was too good to be true.

Marinette smiled. She smiled so widely all her teeth sparkled and her body was filled with overwhelming happiness. This was so overwhelming that the bluenette began to cry.

"Marinette?" Adrien couldn't see her face but he felt her writhering in his arms.

"Excuse me. I'm sorry." Marinette pulled away from Adrien and sprinted. She sprinted straight to the girl's bathroom.

She screamed her lungs out and began rethinking her whole goddamn life.

How could she be so blind? Stupid? This whole freaking time the answer was right under her nose. What do you mean? You ask.

Well, my dear reader, Marinette Dupain-Cheng had finally come to the realisation that Adrien Agreste, the love of her life, was indeed her soulmate.

***

Adrien cried into his pillow that night. Did he stuff up his relationship with Marinette? Does she hate him now? Why did she run away? God.. he knew he shouldn't have cried in front of her. Shouldn't of told her all that he did.

He felt giddy at the thought of Marinette fancying him. But that was in the past as she explained. This disappointed him.

He pulled out his crumpled piece of 'magic paper.' Written neatly and very minuscule on the middle of paper, was his soulmates hand writing.

Usually Adrien would light up at this sight. Heck, Adrien used to squeal at the thought of this girl.

However, now Adrien didn't know what to believe. What to trust. What if this paper was another scam? Just like Mireille. What if all his dreams were really, just dreams? Was there actually another girl at the receiving end of this paper? Or, was it all made up?

Hello, kitty~

Good evening, Ladybug.

***

Marinette ended up accidentally avoiding Adrien all week at school. She was just to shy to face him. She did, however, continue writing to him on the 'magic paper'. He seemed quite different over words, but it still clear that the two boys were in fact the same person.

She could tell the boy had been upset lately. It was clear during school as well.

Unfortunately, Marinette's emotions stopped her from being able to approach him at school to confront him about it.

The best she could do was try and get his mind off it by writing to him. Slowly but surely, after two weeks of writing very small in every gap they could find on the double sided page, the two soulmates were just as they acted in their dreams.

Except now, Adrien viewed Ladybug as his best friend and Marinette as his crush.

**

"Chloe, you're always talking to that Mireille girl now! You never talk to me anymore." Sabrina pouted. She stood in Chloe's room, arms crossed. She watched Chloe completely ignore her with a hurt look in her eyes.

The blonde girl was too busy texting away to her brown-eyed best friend.

It had been a two weeks since Adrien had discovered Chloe's plan to sabotage his and Marinette's relationship.
At that point, Chloe didn't care anymore and had officially given up. Her mind was now occupied with Mireille.

A knock was heard from her bedroom door and Chloe shot up from her seat on her bed. Her face lit up and butterflies erupted in her stomach at the sound.

"Come in!" She shouted happily.

The door opened and revealed a shy girl. Mireille twiddled her thumbs as her cheeks tinted slightly pink.

"Hey Chloe, Sabrina." She nodded acknowledging the girl who wore glasses.

Sabrina just sniffled and began rubbing her eyes before sprinting out the room.

Chloe ignored the outburst and hugged Mireille.

"You shouldn't, uh, you shouldn't ignore Sabrina like that, Chlo." Mireille mumbled, scared to anger her friend.

Chloe's face fell and she sighed.
"I just wanted to hang out with you." Chloe looked away and blushed.

Mireille nodded. Her brain couldn't ignore the electrifying feeling however that raced through her body when Chloe touched her neck whilst they hugged.

On on the crook of Mireille's neck, slept a beautiful bumblebee tattoo, linking her to her soulmate.

Short chapter but it's like 12am and I have 3%

Also I felt bad for not updating and if I didn't update now I probably wouldn't update for a week. Ops.

I'll try and Bee (wink the wonk) more active and consistent xx

(But no promises cause we can't keep out promises) [wink the wink again]

Jacinta sleeping!