5- First day

[2015- 15 years old]

The first day of the school year was always either horrible or exciting.

This year it was a mix of both.

Marinette woke up bubbling with excitement. Chat Noir had told her he was attending a public school for the first time in his life.

Marinette had a gut instinct it would be her school.

Sure she had her doubts. What were the chances of Chat Noir attending her school? She didn't even know if he lived in the same country! Well..he did speak French..

But still! France is huge! There's got to be like hundreds of schools!

But for some reason, her heart knew he would be attending her school.

This made Marinette giddy. But also very nervous and terrified.

What if he didn't like her? What if they never figure out who's who? What if her personality and appearance scare him off?

Would she be good enough for him?

What if he was a jerk in real life?

Marinette checked her timetable for the first day of school on the school website.

She sighed when she discovered she'll be in the same class as Chloe for the 4th year in a row.

Chloe used to be a very nice girl, but ever since the day her mother died, she'd changed.

Just Marinette's luck she had innocently asked about Chloe's wellbeing that day and offended her in some way.

Will Chloe ever stop bullying her?

As Marinette walked across school campus on her way to her first class she saw a lot of new faces. Wow.
There's a whole lot of new students in the grade this year.

Marinette tried to look around on her way to class for a boy with blonde, messy hair and bright, emerald eyes but it seemed that quite a few boys had those very same characteristics.

Finding Chat Noir was going to be harder than she thought.

She sighed sadly as she walked into her first class. She sat down in her usual seat thinking about Chat Noir.

She wasn't sure what her status was with him. Best friends? Just-Friends?

She couldn't deny she was attracted to him and being friend zoned by him was not appealing.

She wasn't totally sure what Chat Noir thought of her. Sure he flirted a lot with her, but was that only because she was his soulmate? Because he hasn't met the real her yet?

If he found out who she is in real life, would he still want to marry her?

Marinette blushed at that thought.

Marrying Chat Noir. They had planned it when they were little kids but neither had backed out of it. How would they even marry if they had no idea who the other person was? What each other's real name was?

"Marinette!" Chloe slammed her hands down on Marinette's desk. Marinette jumped, her thoughts rushing out the window.

Couldn't this girl give her a break? It was the first day of school!

"Here we go again." She muttered, annoyed at Chloe's antics.

"This is my seat!" Chloe crossed her arms.

"But Chloe, this has always been my seat!" Marinette argued. She knew she would not win against the blonde girl, but she wasn't going to let herself be pushed around without a fight.