17- Rants by the fireplace

Adrien woke with a splitting headache. He groaned and rubbed his eyes. When he tried to sit up, something stopped him from doing so.

He slowly opened his eyes and realised the something was a someone.

Adrien laid on a comfy, brown couch besides a fire place. The air smelled of pastries and other scrumptious desserts. Besides him was a sleeping Marinette.

Her hair was a mess, tied back into her usual piggy tails. Her head laid on Adrien's stomach, her arms beside her head and the rest of her body rested on the floor. She held a wet cloth in her right hand.

Adrien's cheeks immediately burned red and his heart pounded 140 beats per minute, which was about twice its normal speed.

He couldn't remove his eyes from the sleeping bluenette. Her head faced away from his, her left hand clasped onto his shirt. Adorable.

Adrien's hand went to her hair and subconscious began playing with it.

The room was dark. His eyes quickly found a clock on the wall which he could just read as 7:29pm. Adrien, without moving, searched the parts of his body that was visible, for injuries. He seemed to have only a few small cuts that had been recently cleaned up and 2 bandaids.

Adrien's cheeks burned darker even more when he came to the conclusion Marinette must of cleaned him up while he was passed out.

After a few minutes, Adrien decided he should probably wake her. She wasn't in a comfortable position and was probably going to get cold in the early October weather.

He softly shook her shoulders and whispered her name.

It took about 30 seconds before she began to stir.
"Please..don't leave me..." She muttered.

She, still about three quarters asleep, turned her head to face Adrien. Adrien's heart skipped a beat as he stared at her beautiful face. She had a few strands covering her eyes, one even in her mouth. Adrien chuckled as he gently pulled the hair out of her mouth and brushed the strands in her face aside.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.." She whispered.

Her eyes fluttered open and for a second the two soulmates just stared.
Marinette screamed and scrambled away from Adrien. She began babbling excuses and apologies.

"I-I was just cleaning your uh wound and must of fell asleep I didn't mean to. I'm sorry if I hurt you, that was stupid of me-" Adrien chuckled and sat up.

"I am such a mess ahh, are you okay? You're not hurt-" Adrien got up from the couch and gently grabbed her hands reassuringly. He realised how clammy his hands were and hoped she didn't too.

"Thank you, Clumsy Girl." He rubbed his thumb over the top of her hand and smiled sincerely. Marinette calmed down and returned a smile.

They stayed like that for a few seconds, just standing across from each other in front of a fire place. Marinette's hands were in Adrien's, eyes glued to each other.

Then they heard desperate footsteps and Sabines voice and they scrambled apart.

"Is everything's okay, Marinette? Did he wake up?" Her voice echoed.

Adrien shyly turned away from Marinette, who was looking down while figeting with her hands.

Sabine's head popped in the door way, immediately seeing the two teenagers. She disappeared before coming back with a blanket and rushing over to Adrien.

She wrapped the blanket around him, who could only smile in thanks, overwhelmed with the motherly care he was not familiar with.

"Sit down. You're not healed yet." She ushered him back into the couch, and it was then Adrien recognised the pain in his body. The little scratches from the bush stung a little and his ankles ached from the jump. His head pounded with exhaustion.