10- Mission impossible

Nothing really happens in this chapter. It's more of a filler between chaps I guess. Enjoy :)
Marinette walked to school with a mission that morning. To find Chat Noir.

She walked very slowly to school, nervous as can be.
Somewhere around here, there was a boy. But not any boy.
A boy who she's known since she was 6.
A boy who she's spent every night since with.
A boy who she loves and cares for dearly.
A boy who loves puns and cats.
A boy who was her soulmate.
A boy who she couldn't remember the name or appearance of.

When Marinette woke up not being able to remember who her best friend was, she had a mini panic attack.
What if she forgot her soulmate altogether?

Their memories. His personality.

But so far she's been able to remember everything important.

Except for his appearance.

Great. Just like she needed the hunt for her soulmate to be any harder.

At this point the only thing she could look out for was a boy who wore a green ring with a paw print.

Just great.

Marinette arrived at school.

He could be anywhere. He could be literally anyone.
What if they didn't get to meet again in real life?
What if he doesn't like her for her appearance?
What if her real self scares him off?

She briefly scanned the crowd. How was she meant to find someone wearing a ring?!

"Hey, clumsy girl."

Marinette's heart stopped. She couldn't speak or move.

Adrien.

The gorgeous green-eyed boy had just came out of his limo and waved at her.

Marinette stared. She couldn't think properly.

How did this guy manage to pull such an affect on her?

Adrien raised his eyebrow at the girl as he walked over to her. She was halfway up the steps at the school entrance.

"Are you okay?" He asked worryingly when she didn't reply.

Marinette.exe had stopped working.

"Uhh." Marinette realised she still hadn't replied. She nodded her head vigorously.

"Y-yeah, dolly. I-I meAN SORRY." She squeaked awkwardly looking at the ground, hands behind her back figetting.

Adrien frowned sadly. He thought he had a new friend, but his status must be making her awkward. She was fine before when she didn't know who he was.

"See you, around." He waved before walking away.

Marinette stood on the steps for a few minutes staring at where Adrien had just been.
She couldn't believe she acted like such an idiot in front of him. AGAIN.

Why was she behaving this way? It had never happened before.

Adrien was amazing. She couldn't believe he had such an affect on her.

"Girl, I've been looking for you everywhere! We're going to be late for class-"
Alya dragged the lovesick girl to class.

Adrien couldn't stop thinking about his lady. The way she would be playful and tease him. The way she would laugh at him for stepping on her feet while they danced.

She was so creative and imaginative. She never failed to surprise him every time he saw her. Never was one of their adventures similar in any way.

He wished he could remember her eyes. He wished he knew what it was like to see her face light up because of something he said.