16- Gabriel is evil I tell you

I suck at chapter titles okay

It was 2 and a half weeks after Marinette and Adrien first received the magic paper. This also meant it was 6 weeks since their very last dream. Time had passed quickly.

Marinette stared at the almost completely full paper. All over it in different colours was ink from all their conversations. It was almost impossible to find empty space to chat. This made it very difficult to pass conversation.

Alya convinced Marinette it was time for her to reveal her identity.

She got her pen out and found an empty gap on the page. Shakily, she pressed the point to the paper and wrote out a neat sentence before highlighting and underlining it so her soulmate could easily spot it.

I think it's time we met. We have run out of room, here's my number #### ### ###

***

Adrien quietly snuck back into his mansion. He tip toed up his front stairs and to his room.

He had just went on a walk to clear his head and you know, a quick trip to the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. Pfft not to like 'accidentally' stumble across Marinette or anything.

Unfortunately, Sabine and Tom claimed their daughter was doing something super important.

He sighed a breath of relief as he reached his room unseen. Something was off however. He had left his phone playing piano cords to fool his father..it was silent.

As Adrien stood at the doorway, his father glared at him from inside his room.

Adrien gasped and quickly try to splutter out excuses.
"I-I-"

"Adrien." Gabriel's tone was very serious with the slight tint of anger. He held a colourful paper.. The soulmate paper!!

Adrien began to raise his shoulders and tuck his arms in, as an attempt to become smaller. His legs shook in fear of his father.

His mind flashed through the events of that Wednesday afternoon. He had skipped fencing and wasn't focused at all in his Piano lesson. His thoughts and focus always seemed to be on his soulmate and crush.

"Yes, father?" Adrien cautiously replied and braced himself for the worst.

"What. Is. This." He turned towards Adrien and waved the paper around.

"A-a piece of paper, sir." Adrien stuttered.

"I can see that. Is this why I have been getting calls lately from your teachers, regarding you not focusing and marks dropping. Then skipping practice and walking around alone?! I can sense the soulmate magic on this paper. Is this, ladybug doing this? Did you let a girl distract you?" Gabriel didn't even give his son a chance to speak, his voice raising louder by the second. Every time he moved his hand, Adrien flinched.

"That's it. No more of this nonsense." Gabriel began to rip the paper into tens of pieces.

"Noo!" Adrien took a step forward and outstretched his hand. He watched his conversations with his best friend become nothing more than pieces of paper dispersed on his carpet.

"I'm pulling you out of school as well."

"No! Father, please! Don't pull me out of school! I'll do whatever you want, please!" Adrien begged, eyes watering.

Gabriel began walking towards him. Adrien gasped and flinched, trying to move as far away from his father as possible. He squeezed his eyes shut, afraid of being hit.