7- Knightmares

If you get the chapter title I love you

[edit: trigger warnings: blood, death]

"Chat...Noir?" Marinette stumbled around the white oblivion in search of her soulmate.

"Ladybug!" Chat Noir yelled. But where was he?

Marinette felt uncomfortable and lonely with the plain white space so she decided to add some landscape.

Nothing happened.

Marinette's heart beat picked up speed.

"Chat Noir! Chat Noir!" She began to yell in fear.

"My lady?!"

Marinette felt herself fall to the ground. What happened? She couldn't move her limbs. The white turned to black.

The couldn't open her eyes.

She couldn't speak.

Marinette suddenly found herself at school. She stumbled around.

"Ew. Who's the girl covered in egg?" It was Chloe. She pointed and laughed at Marinette, her classmates following suit.

Marinette looked down in horror. She was covered head to toe in egg yoke and shells.

A boy in a fencing suit and green eyes glared at her.

"Ugh. I only stayed with you to be polite. I can't believe you ran into me and made me pay for the eggs YOU dropped." He rolled his eyes and continued to glare at Marinette.

"No..no..no!" Marinette sobbed putting her hands over her face.

"Why would anyone want to become friends with you? You're pathetic."

"Your soulmate doesn't even love you."

"You should just run along and die. Nobody would care anyway."

When there was silence Marinette slowly removed her moist hands.

There was Chat Noir. Everything was white. He was wearing his usual suit, messy hair and emerald eyes piercing her.

Marinette sighed in relief.

He scowled.

"So that's who you are in real life, Marinette." He put emphasis on her name.

Marinette shook her head.

"N-no!"

"You have no friends. You're lame. A laughing stock. I can't believe I'm stuck with YOU as my soulmate." He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows in disgust.

"N-no I swear I can be better than that!"

"I never want to see you again Marinette."

He began walking away, fading into the whiteness until Marinette was alone.

She fell to her knees, tears streaming down her cheeks like a river.

"No. No. No! Don't leave me, Chat Noir!" She sobbed to herself. She rolled herself into a ball.

She shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut.

She was all alone.

***

"Chat...Noir?" Adrien turned in circles in the familiar white space.

He could hear his lady but not see her.