Chapter 5- Breaking Out

I hummed to myself as I wandered out of the prison, staying in the shadows to avoid the guards who were just starting to wake up. I sighed as I realized that I had no solid plan of what I wanted to do next; I knew that my fellow sins could handle themselves, but I really didn't want to just abandon them.

I slowly walked back towards the town and considered my options; I go and find King, hopefully talking him into believing me, that wouldn't be hard since we had that connection through Durendal. I could stay and watch what happens here, possible offer my support, and then hope that Ban could convince Meliodas and Diane that I wasn't the threat they were making me out to be. The final option I wanted to consider was the fact that I could leave my friends behind and go to do some spying on the kingdom, get on the inside and find out what was really happening.

To be honest, I really didn't like any of these options, because two of them left me standing by and being passive, while the third took me away from people I had cared for, for so long; which was the last thing I wanted.

 My thoughts were interrupted by a large swarm of bugs leaving the prison and heading straight towards the town. "Well, this could get messy." I said quietly to myself and summoned Durendal, "Mist body" I said and then flew up into the clouds to get a better read on the situation.

I saw the town being mobbed by these bugs, all of whom were spitting what appeared to be acid, 'How bothersome, the knights couldn't have been kinder on the people they are supposed to be protecting?' I wanted to sigh to myself, but simply flew into the town and spread my mist over the bugs as pillars of earth sprang up, killing a good portion of the assailants.

'Ah, I had forgotten that Diane hates bugs with a burning passion, this won't do, now will it.' I immediately manipulated the mist to kill the rest of the bugs that hadn't been squashed already 'Oh you young Holy Knights, just stop trying; you think you're so amazing, but any one of the Eight Deadly Sins could wipe you out without even using a sacred treasure. You poor sad fools.' I reformed on top of one of the pillars and watched as Diane jumped towards the prison.

I waved at her retreating figure and then turned my attention towards protecting the villagers from the Knights, the bugs made it obvious that the Knights could care less about any casualties. Beyond that, I could still feel the presence of another Knight in town, which didn't sit well with me.

I decided to wait for trouble and contacted King, "Hey Grizzly's Sin, how have things been going?"

"Janis." I could feel the reluctance behind his words, which made chuckle a bit

"Who else would be contacting you like this you goof, of course, it's me."

"Well, security has increased a hundred-fold since you came back and Gilthunder is keeping an annoyingly close eye on me. What did you do to the man, I can't decide if he's overjoyed by something, or absolutely ticked."

"Probably a bit of both. We talked for a bit, and then I beat the crap out of him and used my Banshee's Screech. I had forgotten how much I missed my little brother."

There was silence for a few seconds, "You scare me sometimes Janis."

"I'll take that as a compliment. Listen, we might be headed your way in a day or two, so more likely than not, I'll be there soon enough ahead of everyone else. We have things we need to talk about that need to be discussed in person."

"Okay, I'll be there, but don't expect too much from me, I'm on a personal mission that requires all of my attention."

"Hmm, I guess that's okay, but you have to tell me what's going on when we see each other again."