Epilogue- The Confession

Thanks to @moonflowrr for the picture! It was made for something different, but I love it here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Months had passed before Janis was even close to being healed, the deep gash on her leg was giving her the most trouble; Fenris had cut through several important muscles and tendons, all of which happened to be imperative to her walking ability. All the doctors told her it would be a miracle if she was able to walk again without the aid of crutches, and then they were sure that she'd need a cane to walk throughout the rest of her life; unless, of course, she was able to find a magical way to become healed completely. Despite these impairments, life went on, and even the sins were able to find some semblance of normalcy once more.

To everyone's disappointment, Janis had to stop traveling with the sins on a regular basis, they were still embroiled in fights that Janis could no longer take part in, and traveling long-term on Hawk's mom left her in constant pain; so, she returned to her little cottage outside Kaynes after she made the sins promise to visit her once a month if they could. Almost a year had passed since she was here last, so going 'home' was an odd experience for her, thankfully, someone had come by beforehand to clean, so it wasn't full of cobwebs and dust like she had expected it to be.

What surprised everyone, Janis included, was that Ban was to one who offered to escort Janis home; apparently, he wanted to do some exploring, and since Janis could travel in mist form, it would be easy for him to tag along with her and then get a jumpstart to wherever he wanted to go. Of course, Diane and Meliodas were the only ones to suspect ulterior motives, Janis was completely in the dark, as was Ban most likely.

Janis' POV

As we approached the cottage, I noticed three figures standing in front that certainly wasn't there before; I leaned on Ban the best I could, given the fact that I there was a huge crutch in between us and muttered into his ear, "I think the mafia caught up to us, we might have to make a break for it."

He squinted at the distant figures and nodded, "Well then, it's a good thing I can run faster than you, I guess you'll just have to take a hit for the team." A large grin was spreading across his face, and he winked at me happily. As fast as lightning, I used a banshee screech on him and simultaneously smacked his shin with my crutch, causing him to crumple to the ground while I doubled over laughing.

"W-who would be left behind ag-gain?" I choked, "You seem to be pretty indisposed!" I was laughing until he grabbed a crutch and pulled it out from under me, causing me to fall to the ground next to him. A startled scream left my mouth and he grabbed me before I hit the ground, pulling me into his lap to soften the landing.

"At this point, we probably both would have been caught by the mafia, though I don't think it would matter since the two of us would be able to take out an army of mafia mercenaries, even if you are gimpy." I growled and smacked his thigh, not wanting to admit that I was fighting back a blush for some reason, "I don't think we have to worry though, it looked like a woman and two children, so unless the mafia has really been lowering its age limit, I think this is a social call."