Chapter 24- Thor

I had stayed on the mountain for the rest of the day, catching up more thoroughly with the dryads, when I felt Hel connect with me, "Janis, go to the top of the mountain, I sense a presence from Asgard." As quick as she came, I felt her disappear and I stood immediately, answering the questions that were thrown my way the best I could.

As I made the trek to the mountain's top for the second time that day, my mind wandered to the other sins; because I had cut all other ties with them I had no idea how they were doing, which frustrated me to no end. To my surprise, the person who was on my mind most was Ban, though I hated to admit it to myself; every time I heard someone say basically anything, my mind immediately wandered to what Ban would say, which always made me smile. I really wanted to have my usual conversation with Gowther about human emotion, and what each of them meant; sparing with Meliodas and training with Ban was so much better than all the dryads, though I would never tell them that.

The more I thought about them, the more a deep sense of loss filled me, and I longed to see them again. I sighed and refocused on my mission, I wouldn't get far if all I was doing was moping; I was reminded of that fact when I tripped over a branch and landed flat on my face. Immediately, Ban's voice entered my head sarcastically, 'Good job Janis, as always, you wow me with your elegance and womanly ways, how are you still single?'

I shook myself off and thanked all the lucky stars out there that no one was around, only to hear a chuckle from Hel, which I ignored with a slightly red face. I crested the top of the mountain and my eyes widened.

I'm not sure what I how I was expecting Odin's answer to come, but it sure as heck wasn't anything like this; I was absolutely not expecting was a tall, blond god in armor staring at me with curiosity. "Mortal, my father instructed me to bring you to him, he informed me that you have news of my brother."

All I could do was blink in shock, and I could feel the same emotion coming from Hel, "Ex-Excuse me? Who are you?" I said cautiously and I took a step towards him.

"I am Thor, son of Odin, Loki is my brother, and we seek to discover what he is contriving for this realm." He flashed me a rather prideful smile as he said this, and I rolled my eyes; so, the prince of Asgard was a flirt, was he?

Before I could respond, I felt Hel take over my body and she walked purposefully towards Thor before punching him in the face. To say that I was shocked was an understatement, but what surprised me even more, was the fact that he went flying off the mountain's edge.

"Hel, what are you doing? We want his help, we don't want to tick him off." I practically screamed at Hel through our link; I could just feel her smirk in return.

"Just wait, Janis, you'll see." She said happily.

Thor flew back over the edge, apparently being pushed by lightning, "What power do you hold mortal? I have never met one of your kind that could throw me with a single hit, you would be a worthy opponent to spar. Would you honor me when we reach Asgard by fighting me?" He said happily and for the second time that day, I could do nothing but blink in shock, he liked the fact that Hel had hit him that hard?

"This body is not mortal, you fool, I thought you would've been able to sense that; though, from the stories I was told of you by my father, that shouldn't surprise me. Should it, uncle?" She said slyly.

"Uncle?" Thor's brow furrowed in confusion before shock spread across his face, "Hel? Is that you?" I felt myself nod, and in the next second, I was swept up into a bone-breaking hug that made me gasp as the air was forced from my lungs.

Right as I was about to collapse, I was released and Thor looked at me as though I were precious, "Father told me that you were sent to Helheim, and I feared that I would never see you again; how did you escape that realm?"