Chapter 27- It Begins

Landing back in my world felt as though I had been punched in the gut with Thor's Mjolnir and I went to my knees as soon as I landed on the mountaintop; this didn't happen on the way to Asgard, so why in the world was it happening now? Instead of trying to struggle to my feet, I simply shifted so that I was in a cross-legged meditation position; I had received help from Asgard, but now I had no clue what to do.

I could go back to my team now, though they would probably give me never-ending crap for leaving so suddenly, so unless there was some sort of peril, I preferred to avoid that choice for right now; I could also travel around and gain even more allies, but at the moment I didn't see a reason to do that. Sure, Loki was going to attack us, but that would only slow me down, in doing what, I wasn't sure.

I pondered my problem for a while and didn't even notice the sun going down and the air growing frigid, "Miss Janis, what are you doing sitting out here in the cold air? Come back to the village and tell us everything!" I looked over to the voice that pulled me away from my thoughts and saw one of the younger dryads from the village standing in front of me, "Sister Son-rah was growing worried about you and asked me to come and check for anything unusual, I didn't expect to find you here sitting alone."

I chuckled when she said this and stood stretching stiffly after having sat in the same position for too long, "Well then, I had better go apologize to Son-rah, hadn't I?" She came skipping over to me cheerfully and we began walking back down to the village together.

"Did you really go to Asgard Miss Janis?" I nodded and looked over at her, she had a look of wonder on her face that made me smile, "Please, please, please tell me about it?!" She begged while gripping my hand, "I've always been told stories of the gods, but no one has ever met them before! Did you meet Odin, the Allfather? What's he like? What about Thor? Did everyone have beards?"

I hurriedly put a hand over her mouth to stop the flow of questions, "Hold on their, my dear, one question at a time, okay? You have to give me time to answer one before you throw in another!" She nodded almost dismissively and stared at me expectantly, "Well, Asgard, is... for lack of a better word, amazing. It looks as though someone took gold and plated the whole city with it; yes, I met Odin, he seemed very serious and almost rude, but I suppose that a king of such a large city would have to be that way in order to get everything done. Thor seemed to be, quite the opposite of his father; while he still seemed very princely, it was obvious that he loved to laugh and was rather reckless, a bit like someone else I know." I wiggled my eyebrows at her and she giggled, "As for the beards, it did seem as though most of the guys had beards, though there were plenty of people without them."

It wasn't far to the village, but I spent the whole time answering question after question about every aspect of my visit to Asgard.

***

Diane's POV

Time was passing unexpectedly slowly ever since Janis had left, I may have never been close to the girl over a decade ago, but once she rejoined the group, I had gotten a lot closer to her than I ever would have expected too. It didn't take us to long to start having late night conversations by the fire about life in general, and I was more than thrilled to have a girl I could talk to on the team. Don't get me wrong, Elizabeth was amazing, and I loved her like a sister, but she was often rather naïve, especially when it came to perverts like Meliodas and Ban.

Janis was the first person who I had told when I regained my memories of living with King all those centuries ago, along with the feelings that were slowly growing towards that short fairy. When she heard that, she jumped up and grabbed me around my neck while giving out a girlish squeal yelling something about her OTP being canon; just thinking about that made me laugh, I wasn't entirely sure what I expected her to be, but when I saw that side of her, I was happily surprised. When I told her what had happened after King and I played tag throughout the city and I confessed to him, we had an entire evening of bad-mouthing boys and their obliviousness.