1

NOTES

In this story Pidge/Katie is going to use female pronouns since she is not canonically gender fluid.

Shiro is also a straight man since the story was written before it became cannon he was gay. Sorry for that but please stop harassing me I wrote this when I was 17. It has been YEARS since I posted this forgive me

Thank you.

The cold air chilled the man to the bone as he quietly walked through the snow covered park listening to the quiet ticking noise that always kept him in check with reality

The cold air chilled the man to the bone as he quietly walked through the snow covered park listening to the quiet ticking noise that always kept him in check with reality. The soft crinkle of snow beneath his boots caused a small, unnoticeable smirk to paint his face. He let out a small breath as he craned his head up to gaze at the starry sky above him. The stars had always fascinated him; during his times as an orphan he could remember only one foster family that he had loved so much.

His foster father, Jared, had taught him about the stars above and everything he could tell a tiny ten year old about space. Keith's favorite lesson he had been taught was that you could draw out any shape using the stars. It was something he loved to see. The ability to be able to reach out and trace what his heart desired in the stars would always send a chill down his spine; it was something he would show his own child one day.

The moon above was glowing magnificently as if it were smiling down at Keith as it hung above him. It was surrounded by the shimmering stars, content with its special place beside Earth. "Keith, hurry up, Shiro is going to be upset if we're late to Allura's small party she's having for us," Pidge's voice suddenly caused the lanky man to be wrenched from his momentary nostalgia.

Keith lowered his purple eyes down to the small girl who was wearing her winter clothing of choice. A thick north face jacket with blue jeans and earmuffs. Her eyes showed annoyance as she walked past Keith quickly. "Sure Pidge," Keith replied half to himself as he caught up to her and stuffed his hands into his pockets trying to warm up his numb fingers.

"I can't believe that Shiro and Allura ended up being soulmates with each other, it's weird," Pidge mumbled to herself.

Keith smiled slightly at the short brunette before shrugging. "I'm sure you'll find the perfect one for you one day...though it might be an AI you created in the lab or-"