☆和★

Cold snowflakes fell onto my face as i stared up into the dark clouds above the four of us, my eyelashes catching ahold of the gentle white crystals that fell from the sky above my family. It was our first ever Christmas together, it was a dream come true to say the least. My purple eyes shifted down to fixate onto the three people standing behind me at the top of the hill we always stargazed on. My breath floated into the air in clouds and swirled together as if it were smoke, my cold face slowly turned from a look of amazement at the sight of my very first snowfall into a look of excitement as a smile spread across my face and my crow black eyebrows rose up on my forehead. A loud laugh escaped my lips as Jared and Mary waved at me to hurry up and meet them at the top of the once grassy hill, Abigail at their side as she held her favorite stuffed animal cat in her arms.

"Momma!" I shouted as I began to stumble up the hill, my smile growing wider each second and my large glasses sliding down my nose as I tried to race up the slope.

Mary smiled kindly as she held a hand out for me to grab once I was in reach, "Be careful when you're running up here Keith... we can't have you getting hurt." Her caring voice sent a warm sensation through my body; the sensation was what most would call love.

Jared laughed as he swept me off of my feet and up onto his shoulders so that i could get a better look at the sky above us, even if there weren't any stars to be seen, I could feel the warmth the burning balls of light would always give me when I was able to spy on them from this exact position. "Can you see anything Keith?" Jared asked curiously as my heart rate slowed down and my heavy breathing finally got under control.

"Of course he can't see any stars dad, it's snowing." Abigail sounded annoyed as she sniffled, her tabby colored stuffed animal getting gripped closer to her chest as she shivered slightly.

Mary slowly scooped her daughter up into her arms and walked over to Jared's side and looked up into the sky, her blonde hair fell over her shoulders and her green eyes were bright with love, "Abigail, even if you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. That's what love is."

★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆★ ☆

The lights outside were flashing as I stared up at Lance warmly, "I look like because I'm in love with you. Dumbass." I stated in an amused voice.

The man standing before me; holding me in his arms with a dark blush painting his cheeks beautifully, his brown locks falling over his clear blue eyes that reminded one of the ocean and the man who had the ego ten times the size of Texas was the person who saved me from nearly being killed. He was the man who my heart belonged to. I couldn't help but feel tears welling up in my eyes the longer I stared at the overjoyed man holding me closely, he was everything I had ever hoped for in life. He was my Christmas miracle that came with its own ups and downs but was they all worth it? Of course they were.

"W-w-wait." Lance pushed my body away from his, suddenly becoming flustered in front of the police as they began to drag the unconscious Irene out of the apartment, not caring about whether or not her head lolled back and hit the door frame as she was carried out. "I thought you said you didn't love me, you said you would much rather us being roomies, remember?" He looked at me with eyes full of surprise.

I looked down at my boots in embarrassment and felt heat rise to my cheeks, "I did think that at the time, honestly..." I brought my purple eyes up to meet Lance's blue ones and I let out a dreadful sigh, "However, I don't believe it now as I stare at you. The longer I look into your eyes I remember the trips I used to take with my family to the beach, your freckles remind me of my father because they dots your face like they dot the skies above, your kind and underlying personality beneath that egotistical one you're always using reminds me of the best mother in the world and that flaming attitude reminds me of my sister." I took hold of Lance's hands and stepped closer to him, aware of my boss's haunting green eyes digging into my back like daggers and the wide brown ones belonging to Kouki as he stared at us in astonishment. Watson must've looked shocked at the sight of me being so caring unlike my normal self I showed at the workplace. "You're everything I could ever possibly love and when you came out of nowhere and knocked Irene out, I knew it at that moment and...and..."