6

So I realized I completely forgot to post the next five chapters Friday so I'm making the schedule every Friday and Monday when you guys get five chapters and I'm putting a reminder on my phone so I won't forget ;-;

Sorry!

Keith sat with his face against his desk, turned to look at the whiteboard with all the information about the newest case on it scribbled in red marker

Keith sat with his face against his desk, turned to look at the whiteboard with all the information about the newest case on it scribbled in red marker. How could there be so little evidence? It wasn't as if the Pyxis Killer had been killing for years, this was their first reported case and yet they carried it out so expertly it puzzled Keith. However much he tried to focus on the words he endlessly stared at, he just couldn't focus on the task at hand. The memories from the previous night were fresh in his mind and they played over and over again like a song on repeat except this wasn't as welcoming as a song.

He watched as Irene pointed to certain words on the board and explained them, Harry and Antonio were quietly browsing their phones in Keith's office; bored of how professional Irene was acting compared to them. Keith's eyes tracked the way she pronounced her words even if he couldn't hear them all that well, he could hear them faintly through his thoughts. They. Never. Ended. 'Can I just be put out of my misery of this? She never stops talking she's just like Lance...' Keith felt his cheeks heat up at the thought of his friend...was he still even his friend? He hadn't even said goodbye to him that morning or even apologized about the previous night. He had just grabbed a fresh set of clothes and changed in his homes office before leaving quickly to avoid him. The thought of how stupid he was acting about the entire thing made Keith want to bang his head against the cherry wood desk until he could forget everything wrong with that week. He needed to focus on the case but he couldn't if Lance was distracting his thoughts. Maybe he could sleep at the office tonight instead of going home?

"Sir?" Irene's voice sounded clearly snapping him out of thought.

He sat upright in his desk and fixed his navy blue tie, loosening it slightly around his neck. He was wearing a white button up, black jeans and his only pair of shoes which just happened to be his white and red boots which never matched correctly with anything except his jacket he left at home. "Irene? Something wrong?" He questioned her trying to not yawn.

She pouted slightly and furrowed her brows, her grey eyes looked disappointed. "She asked you if you wanted her to go back to anything, sir," Antonio looked over at Keith with a sigh before mumbling under his breath, "though I'd prefer not to hear that thirty minute speech again..."

"It wasn't a stupid speech Smith, it was informative," Irene rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. Today she was wearing a suit jacket that covered up a cranberry blouse, black slacks and heels (as usual). Her hair was placed in a neat bun as well, but Keith took notice of the excess amount of concealer covering her jaw line as if she were trying to cover a scar of some sort.

It must've been bad to put so much makeup on that one spot, it looked like she had spent a great amount of time blending it as well. 'Her brother probably scratched her when they were play fighting....' Keith thought to himself quietly.