9

Lance shut the door in a huff as he slid his jacket off

Lance shut the door in a huff as he slid his jacket off. His two cats were ready to meet him at the door with big eyes, begging him to lift them up and cuddle them like they were his babies. "DaFuzzy, Lucifurr!" Lance shouted as he pushed Keith's body out of the way to scoop up the balls of fluff into his arms with a giant smile. "My children, I missed you two for the few hours I was out!" He shouted, his eyes closed as he held the two happy pets to his face in delight.

Keith hung his scarf up on the coat rack along with the red jacket lance had kindly brought to him at work. He still felt slightly nervous from their conversation in the park but the twisting feeling in the pit of his stomach had faded over the last few minutes. He held the stacks of files Irene gave to him in his right arm, cradling it delicately as if it were breakable. He glanced over one last time to see Lance laughing as he spun around with the two spawns of Satan, his smile growing wider by each passing second.

'What an idiot, getting so excited to see his pets after a few hours...' Keith sighed to himself before he took a long look around the apartment. There were no boxes in sight, nothing left out on the floor and there were decorations scattering the dark walls now. Lance had managed to change the aura from emptiness into something new that reminded Keith so much of his old home where he had a sibling he could argue with, where he had two loving parents who did everything they could to make him feel as if he were their own. He smiled to himself as a warm fuzzy feeling started to ache in his chest, 'I could get used to this...'

He turned his eyes back down to the file, the fuzziness of his appreciation for Lance was still strong as he flipped open the top folder to find that the first paper had the cause of deaths written about the victims and even their age, height, names, and medical records. Keith felt himself frown slightly as the fuzzy feeling drifted away into the back of his mind. Each victim was killed by something unnatural except for the husband who had died from cardiac arrest.

Connor Walker:
Age- 19
Height- 6"
Hair and Eyes- Brown
Medical Records- Healthy/never went to a doctor office before until he broke his right arm in soccer.
Cause of death- Blunt force trauma

Keith guessed that this was the boy that Antonio and Harry had been taking photos with the other day. Everything seemed right from what he remembered about the appearance and cause of death. The trophy was most definitely the murder weapon for him but the mother and his other brother were a different story. Mary, the only female victim, had actually been killed by a stab wound in her back that pierced straight through the heart, something that would take great skill and strength to do. Caleb, the other son, was executed with a bullet that was now believed to be from a .357 magnum after sustaining injuries to his ribs.

Keith found himself walking over to his sofa as he flipped the page to see the picture of the trophy in a plastic bag in the forensics lab. Below it held the information stating that it was the weapon used to murder Connor. Keith studied the trophy for a moment longer, hoping to notice something new aside from the blood and cracks he saw before at the crime scene.