フォン - Phoney

Phoney, liar, attention whore, fake; people dared call Abigail all those names when she told the police about what had happened at the party. Keith sat beside her on her bed as she browsed through her instagram reading all of the comments calling her horrible things like those and even a 'slut'. It had been three days since the incident, Mary had slipped into a depressive state as she watched her daughter slowly become lifeless; the child that had once had so much energy in her was now struggling to get up from her bed each day. Keith's heart felt like it had been torn from his chest and nailed onto the wall the longer he watched her blank green eyes browse the social media page without emotion. He looked away from her and scowled to himself slightly; he wanted to make her smile again, to get a small laugh from her but he didn't even know the girl next to him anymore, she had been replaced with a lifeless puppet.

She looked like she hadn't been sleeping for years, her eyes were red, dark circles were around them and her face was solemn. For a moment Keith wondered if that's how he had looked to her as a child in the orphanage when he felt as marooned as she did for the moment. I'm going to fucking kill those assholes! Keith clicked his tongue and balled his hands into tight fists full of anger, guilt and other negative emotions. If he hasn't gotten selfish that night then he wouldn't have to see his sister in the state she was in.

"Keith, you look like an angry boyfriend when you do that; stop." Abigail mumbled in a monotone voice.

Keith relaxed slightly and closed his eyes, "I can't stop when those dicks aren't getting punished for doing what they did to you."

She slowly looked over at him and gave him the most emotionless stare he had ever seen in his life, "This is how the system is Keith, rape victims are ignored in our town and there's no way around it. Just stop because no one will ever believe me."

"I believe you!" Keith exclaimed as he stood up quickly, yelling in frustration at his sister. "Abigail, I found you half naked and passed out from them. I heard them boasting about drugging you, of course I believe you and screw anyone who doesn't!" Keith shouted at his sister whose eyes had slowly widened the longer she stared at him.

She looked shocked as she slowly set her phone down and stood up in front of him, then her face changed to something pitiful. Her eyebrows lowered and her eyes watered as she frowned, "Thank you...Seung." She whispered before throwing her small arms around him to bring him into a hug. "Promise me you'll believe me no matter what they say to you, that you'll be with me the entire way."

She was crying into his shoulder now as her body trembled and her sobbing was hushed. Keith slowly placed his arms around her and hugged her tightly as he stared at the smartphone on the bed. In it has to contain the names of the guys who did this to Abigail, Keith thought to himself, She keeps a diary on it about her day and what happened. "I promise Abigail, but as I said before, I'm not going to let them walk free." Keith squeezed his sister in his arms as he closed his eyes, he couldn't invade her privacy like that so it meant he had to take drastic measures.

°•°•Age 12•°•°

"Why did you lie?" Jared placed Keith's test onto the table to force him to look at the giant 0 on it.

The young boy looked at it remorsefully as he sat in his chair at the kitchen table. "I didn't lie, I didn't cheat Jared. I told the idiot by me to shut up before he got me in trouble and of course Miss. Atcherson only saw me talking so she took away my test! I didn't do anything wrong!"