Chapter 2: secret meeting

(a/n: sorry this took so long to update , a lot of family stuff has been going on! anywhoreeeeeeeeeee, I think with how i want this book to end I'm going to split it up and do two different squeals, both with different outcomes obviously. And i might make Gaara a bit ooc? Right? out of character? I guess, maybe)

3rd pov:

As naru slipped out of the hokage's tower, she silently made her way into the streets, blending into the shadows, as she finally approached training ground 44, better known as the forest of death. She pulls out a box, a small and silver box, with the kanji for 9 on it, from a seal on her forearm. She slowly opened the box, a smile on her face as a hell's butterfly flys out. Naru held her hand up, the black butterfly floated to her fingertip and landed on it. 

She slowly looked at it still smiling and started talking,"Hi! How are you Yama-nii? Sorry I haven't been able to send too many messages recently, a lot has been going on. Everything is picking up pace finally, but the chunin exams are coming up! I wish you could come and see how beautiful this world is and how kind most humans are, well the ones not filled with hate.., damn this is so one sided," she quitely laughs to herself.

 She continues,"Um, yeah, Well I finally met another jinchuuriki! He's a bit cold though, but that's okay. If you don't mind, do you think you could find anything out about him? His name is Gaara of the dessert. I do wish to free him from whatever binds him to the past." Naru looks up from the butterfly, she has that feeling that she had when she was near Gaara, she shivered, and decided to ignore it. 

Once more looking at the butterfly,"I really do miss everyone.., I hope to see you all soon."

With that Naru kisses the butterfly and it starts to fly away. That is until a ball of sand is thrown in its direction, but the sand passes right through the butterfly and it continues to its destination to the seireitei. Naru slightly looks up and sends a burst of chakra out, she knows that chakra.., it belongs to him. "You can come out now, I know that you're there, Gaara." She turns her head towards where her back was facing, and there she is face to face with him once more. "What was that, why was my name and status mentioned, and why didn't my sand stop it." Gaara said, well more like demanded. She looked at him and started laughing, Gaara stood there dumbfounded that she could just sit there and laugh at him. Once Naru got all her laughs out and collected herself, she sat down, and patted the ground next to her, "Here, sit. You can ask whatever you wish and I will answer if I want." 

He looks at her and hesitates, she smiles and says,"Don't worry I don't bite, usually." He looks at her for a second and mumbles,"usually?". At that Naru busts out laughing once more,"You're 800 years to young, ask someone else." He looked at her a little shocked,sat down, and then started talking," What do you mean 800 years to young? And as i asked earlier what was that thing, why did you say my name and status, and why didn't my sand stop it." Naru looked at him and giggled,"Woah, woah, woah, one at a time. and I'm 800 years old, 812 to be exact. That was a hell's butterfly. I said your name because I wish to know more about you. And finally because no one can touch them, at least not mortals or earthly objects."

He looked at her for a second them laughed, he actually laughed," Jokes all aside, now seriously tell me." His eyes hardened by the end of his sentence. He looked at her again, and she smiled wide,"Here it is." The butterfly started to fly back to Naru, it once again landed on her fingertip then spoke," Ah! Naru-chan it's been to long! Are you doing well? I hope so! No one has hurt you have they? If so there will be hell to pay! All of the other captains miss you! Also your lieutenant and co-lieutenant are excited to see you during your chunin exams! They will be sure to be there for you! Also We are all doing well and we wish you the best! good luck! We all love and miss you! Also! We have this one stupid substitute soul reaper! He's INSANE! Not in a good way either, he destroyed the damn sokyoku! Do you know how much shit this adds to my plate?! Also the time will come where we all once meet again! I promise! I will see what I can do about this Gaara character." 

As the message ends, Naru smiles and says," Damn I wanna meet this kid! ARGHHHH I wanna go back to the seireitei so bad! Screw the human world!" With that Naru starts crying once again. Gaara looks at her shocked, once again, he has a feeling of what to do, but hesitates. He moves towards Naru and awkwardly pats her head. " It's okay N-Naru-chan, sleep for now, I'll watch over you, for the night." Naru stiffens as Gaara pats her and as he talks, but slowly calms down. She then falls to the ground to sleep, grabbing Gaara's hand, she yanks him down to lay down as well. She gently wraps her arms around his waist and mumbles out," Good night Gaa-kun."