chapter 8: her story with Him

As Naru turned around to leave the clearing, she felt a spike in his chakra. Was he calling her to him? She didn't know, all she knew was that she needed to get to him. She quickly teleported to where his chakra was. The top of hokage mountain was where she was taken, she was quickly covered in sand from the shoulders down, "What did you do to me? What is this feeling in my chest?" Naru looked Gaara in the face when he had finished yelling, he looked on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, but I haven't done anything to you hun." She felt guilt was over her, her selfish desires hurt him, she was terrified, what if he left her again. So many what ifs ran through her head. She started to cry, her tears scaring Gaara. He calls of the sand and she drops to the ground. Still sobbing she looks at him and smiles, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you... I hurt you again, and I'm so sorry!" Once Gaara had processed what she had said to him, he looked at her confused, "Again? What do you mean again Naru?" Still sniffling she looks at him and murmurs out, "I guess I can't hide this from you?" Naru heaved out a heavy sigh and began her story, her story of the past, her past, with Him. 

It had been Naru's 50th year in the Seireitei, she was just a lowly soul, wondering. That is all she had done for her first 50 years, she was lonely, a feeling she remembers from when she was alive, but this loneliness was so deep.  That was until she had met Him. He came to visit her, made her loneliness go away. He would secretly meet up with her, He would come see her everyday. The days turned into years, Naru had finally gotten her smile back, she had created so many smiles with Him. They soon began a relationship, after knowing each other for 5 years, they had finally decided that they wanted to be with each other, but forever. Everything had been so smooth with them, that was until He wanted Naru to live with Him. He couldn't stand not being near her, even for a minute. Their bond had developed so much in a short amount of time, He had snuck her into his barracks, being a captain gave him less rules. Naru had began settling in, and He had started training her. He never told Naru what for besides that she would need it for her own protection. Naru always got a little nervous when He would say that, like He knew what was going to happen. This went on for maybe 245 more years, Naru had become exceptionally strong under His training. They were coming up an their 300 year anniversary, Naru was very nervous, she knew something was going to happen, she just didn't know if it were good or bad. But much to her surprise it was better than good, it was amazing, He had proposed to her. They had began planning everything for their wedding day, and with it approaching quickly they were up late planning and just enjoying time with each other. That is until it came, a menos had broke into the Seireitei, something no one had ever expected. He quickly jumped to action, protecting not just his squad but the love of His life. He had finally defeated the menos, after a short battle unscathed, until with one last breath the menos had impaled him, Naru paled at what she had witnessed, flash stepping to her love, the love of her life. She quickly lifted his head into her lap, her craddling His face while sobbing. "Don't leave me please, you're all I have." those words she repeated to Him over and over, until, "W-will you talk to me more love, talk to me about our wedding, all you're w-wearing. T-the decorations. All o-of it." He slowly coughed out. "Oh, Koi, it's going to be so beautiful, my dress is s-simple because that's how you like it, nice and simple, right?" He coughed out a reply, his breathing slowing, "Y-yeah, simple is the best, my love. C-can you keep going?" Naru had sucked in a breath and held back her sobs, and kept going, just like He wanted. "I think red and orange would be a nice color scheme, Koi. We even have you're favorite sweets, I know how you have that sweet tooth, yokan and marron glace will be on the platters." Naru could see his eyes starting to shut, and his breathing even slower than before, "Keep g-going love, please." Naru chocked out a sob and decided to keep going, "I-I have the invites designed, and your tux is so handsome, I can't wait to see you in it, Koi. I love you so much. Please stay." He opened his eyes slightly to stare into hers, she always loved that beautiful seafoam green, "I love you more, Naru. Say my name I haven't heard it in so long love." Naru kept caressing his face, "Oh, Koi, don't talk like that, you will make it through this." He looks up at her and gives his best smile, "K-kiss me than, like it's the last time you will ever see me. L-like you will never forget me, say my name Naru please," She quickly leans down and catches His lips with hers and they kiss. They kiss for what feels like hours, but it's cut short when He starts to cough even more, "Koi, don't leave me please, please, you can't do this." Naru is choking out sobs even more, "Naru, my name, please." He looks at her with that look she could never say no to, "Oh koi, I love you so much... Gaara." He smiles brightly, "T-thank you, Naru. I love you, f-forever." and with those words slipping out of His mouth. Those were the last words He had said to her. And she held on to the, forever, all the plans, her ring, everything.