Chapter 10: "Don't get shy on me now."

Naru had walked out of the arena where she had started to feel extremely claustrophobic, all the eyes had thrown her into a state of panic. The hatred, the confusion, the betrayal, all the looks that slowly make her feel like she was drowning. Her pace had picked up, she ran and ran until she was deep in the forest of death, finally reaching the one place she could be away from all the prying eyes, the Uzumaki and Namikaze mansion.  The house left to Naru seeing as she was technically their child. Once she reached the barrier surrounding the house the sand had started warming up around her wrist, ignoring it she ran past the barrier and straight through the door. She ran up to her parents room, jumped into the bed and just cried. She hadn't felt this way in a long while. She knew what she was feeling, she had felt it when her Gaara had died, when nobody accepted her from the Seireitei, and while she was growing up and received all the hatred from the people of the village. She felt so alone, and lost. She knew she wasn't alone, but she still felt it. She had cried for what felt like hours, her eyes puffy and red, rubbed raw from the tears and her constantly rubbing them to not just hide her tears but to make her feel something, anything at all. She slowly pulled herself up out of the bed, out from under the sheets. She walked down the stairs to the kitchen, going to grab a glass of water, until she saw a patch of red hair sitting just outside the barrier of the house. She had to take a double take to make sure she wasn't hallucinating, just imagining that the person she wanted to see most was there. The person who has always healed her loneliness. She walks to the door and opens it up, the door making a sound from opening, causing Gaara to turn his head slightly. She stepped outside the door, shielding her eyes from the setting sun, the rays hurting her eyes more then they already were. She makes her way to Gaara finally, and she hugs him. He doesn't say anything for what seemed like an eternity. "Would you like to go inside?" His gentle words hitting her ears, she nods slightly. She releases him from their hug, she gently grabs his hand. Bringing his pointed finger to her mouth, piercing his finger with her k-9 teeth, she smears the blood on the barrier. Dragging him into the house she closes the door behind them. Still silently following Gaara has no complaints as he does get to hold Naru's hand. She drags him into her parents room where she had taken siege for the last few hours, she pushes him onto the bed, flopping onto him, "Please, please just stay like this. Just for now." Her voice sounding so desperate, his body not even tensing up, but slowly melting into her warmth. "Come here." He slowly sits up and they move to the head of the bed, dragging Naru under the blankets, and arranging her to lay on him once again. She slowly melts into him, her soft snores were something that Gaara could get used too. The feeling of her soft breaths on his neck, not just calming him, but also lulling him to sleep. Both of them, their dreams were peaceful, only something they could achieve with one another. A peace of mind that Gaara has never had, and a peace that Naru hasn't seen in years. The hours slowly roll by, the outside world meaning nothing to either of them. Gaara had slowly started to stir awake, his eyes slowly peeling open. Seeing nothing but a mop of golden hair, causes him to tense, until Naru's smell slowly drifts into his nostrils. Him moving had caused Naru to snuggle closer to him, if that is even possible. Gaara had moved Naru's hair out of her face, slowly tracing her cheek bones, memorizing ever little detail on her face. Storing all of the beautiful bumps and marks deep into his memory. Naru slowly opened her eyes, the first thing she sees is Gaara staring at her in such a soft way, in a way she would even consider maybe love. She gives him a huge smile when his hand pauses seeing that she is awake, he starts to take his hand away, "You're fine, it feels nice, I promise." His lips twitch up slightly, you could even consider it a smile. He slowly starts to run his fingers through her hair, rubbing at her scalp, slightly tangling her hair causing him to lightly tug as he keeps moving through her hair. He starts to feel a rumbling on his chest, and then he hears it, coming from Naru. "Are -are you purring?" the moment those words left his mouth she immediately stopped, her face exploding in red putting his hair to shame. "You're fine. Its nice, I promise." she laughed a little, "Hey! you copy cat!" He just smirked at her and then continued to rub her head and play with her hair. She slowly started purring again, her face slightly red this time around, because she was actually aware that she was purring. Gaara starts to sit up, leaning on the head board of the bed. Naru sliding down and dropping onto his lap, "At least ask me on a date first," with those words she erupted into full blown laughter. Causing Gaara to smile, looking down at her, he once again caressing her face. "I'm pretty sure this counts for more then a first date, you're the one who drug me to bed first, and don't forget you're the one who pushed me down." Naru's whole face turning red, she immediately covers her face. Causing Gaara to actually laugh at her reaction. "Oh come on, don't get shy on me now. Now let me see that pretty face." He slowly pulls Naru's hands away from her face, he leans down, inches away from her face. "Push me away if you don't like it." He leans down and lightly pecking her lips, he starts pulling away until Naru pulls him back down and kisses him again. "Don't get shy on me now. This is our first date afterall."