20

Let's begin the somewhat awkward dinner. I tried people
Sam's POV
After everyone sat down. We started eating. "So Sam. What do you do?"Gabes Mom asked. "I work at the Cafe with Cas"I answered. She rolled her eyes. "You mean the place that is a waste of money"she said. Looking at Castiel.

"No. It isn't Karen. It is actually doing pretty well"Cas said. She rolled her eyes. "Gabe you never told me what you do?"Ellen asked. "Well I was fired a few months ago from a stupid job. But I think I'm getting close to becoming a teacher again "he smiled. I looked at him. "You never told me that"i smiled.

"Surprise "he whispered. I laughed. "So my son will be the one bringing home the money. Of course. Leave a Novak to do the work "Karen said. I gave her a look. I got kicked under the table by Dean. "And dean what do you do?"Karen asked.

"I work at a garage. Working with cars. It's sorta a family business "he said. "Oh. I'm guessing you work with your father?"she questioned. "Mother"Gabe said.

She gave him a look. "No. I work with Bobby. My father died a few years ago. Along with my mother"Dean said. I looked down.

"Oh. So your parent less. No wonder you both turned out. Like that"she mocked. Ellen looked up. "What's that suppose to mean"she asked. Karen put her hands up in defense. "I mean. They turned out how kids would being raised by people that aren't rich. And can't send them to schools that are better. Like my children "she said. Bobby had to hold her down without the others noticing.

"Mother. Be nice"Gabe said. She laughed. "I am"she said. "You aren't"Castiel smiled. "Show me respect child"she warned. Castiel rolled his eyes. "After you show me respect "he whispered. I heard dean chuckle. I kicked him.

"Really. You want to do this now?"she questioned. "I'm gonna get more salad. "He got up and walked to the kitchen. It took dean two seconds before he got up. "I don't have an excuse "he walked towards the kitchen to.

I laughed. "So I heard you and Gabe had a break. Before he proposed to you"Karen asked. I started to panic. "Yes. Mother you know that"Gabe said. "I'm talking to my soon to be son in law. Now I heard you blamed my older son. That he was flirting with you?"she asked. I nodded. "He was"I answered.

"You would blame your soon to be brother in law?"she questioned. "I'm not blaming him if it's the truth"I said. She gave me a look. "Well. It's ok"she said. Gabe was in pure shock. "I should forgive you. You'll be a Novak soon. Better then whatever your last name might be"she said.

And right at that moment. Ellen stood up. "You know what. I barely know you. I just met you and I already hate you. Can you at least be nice for now. Your son is allowing you to see his family. And when they have kids. I hope you god you never see any one them"she said. Gabes mouth went wide. I nodded.

Yep. There it is. "Ellen. "Bobby whispered. She shook her head. But sat down again. Gabes siblings were just sitting there being quiet. Not sticking up for Gabe. But clearly upset about Ellen saying that to Karen. Gabe stood up. "You know what Karen"he said. She went wide eyed.

And dean and Cas walked back just in time. "He isn't taking the Novak name"he said. "Yeah....wait what?"I looked at him. He smiled. "I'm taking the Winchester name. Because clearly this family is better then the Novaks"he said.

I looked at Dean and he shrugged. "Gabriel you would want your children to have such a name. Not the Novak name and be better?"she asked. "My kids will never know of the Novak name. They will only their parents and two uncles. Dean and Castiel"he yelled.

Ellen laughed. Bobby stared at her. "And Ellen will be a better grandma then you"Gabriel added. I looked at Ellen. She looked touched. "She'll be the only grandma they know. The best one. I'll even get her a mug. "He said. I grabbed his hand.

He started calming down. But looked at Lucifer. "And you"he said. He turned around and kissed me. A long passionate kiss. He pulled away. "This tall and devilishly handsome moose is mine. Not yours. Mine. You ever go near him or touch him. I will end you. You understand. End you"he warned.

Michael was about to stand up but Gabriel pointed at him. "And you. Stop standing up for that pathetic piece of crap. He hurts people. Do you understand. Your twin brother is evil. How do you not understand that?"he asked.

I was still shocked from the kiss. I turned around Castiel was just smiling and so was Dean. "Anna"Gabriel started. Anna just sat there. "My kids will have an aunt. And her name is Jo. And she is like a sister to the love of my life. So that will make her my sister in law. You just need to grow up and become your own person. You keep following Karen. Stop. You knew want dad would've wanted"he yelled. Karen stood up.

"Never speak of you father "she yelled. "My kids will only know tow grandparents. Ellen and Bobby"he pointed at the two. Bobby smiled and so did Ellen. "They will have two amazing Uncles "he pointed to dean and Cas. "And an amazing Aunt. Who isn't here. But you get the point "he yelled.

Everyone was silent. "We are leaving. "Karen said. Her,Lucifer, and Michel got up. "Anna. Let's go"she said. Anna looked at us. "I would want to know my future nieces or nephews. "She smiled. I saw Gabe smile.

"Fine. I want your stuff out of my house right away. "And they started walking . "Wait Karen"Ellen said. Karen stopped. "Come to apologise"Karen smiled. Ellen shook her head. She threw wine at her.

"You"Karen yelled. And they ran out. Ellen smiled. "What a bitch. No offence boys and girl. "She said. The three shook their head. "Wow"Gabe whispered. I kissed his cheek. He smiled. "I'm sorry. To you both"Anna said.

"Do you have a place to stay?"I asked. She shook her head. "I've been living with mother for a while. She wouldn't let me get a job. "She looked down. "You have a place now"Ellen stated. Everyone looked at her. "Jo moved out. And ash is a drunk. I need another girl. Your welcome to come live with me sweetie "Ellen said.

"Gabe? Castiel?"she looked at her brothers. "It's all you"Castiel said. She nodded. "Just until I have enough to get my own place. I'll find a job to help pay"she said. Ellen shook her head. "You can work with me at the roadhouse. You can pay like that. And I'll still pay you"Ellen said.

"Great that's settled. I need a drink"Gabe said. He sat down. I smiled at him. He looked at me. "You only look at me when you want something "he smirked. I laughed. "I'm proud of you. "I said. He nodded. "And I believe i shit my pants in the middle of it. "He laughed. Everyone laughed. "Why were you boys in the kitchen for that long?"Bobby asked Dean and Castiel. They both looked at one another.

"I forgot the salad "Cas ran back into the kitchen. Dean just stood there. "Um...yeah I got nothing "he just walked towards the kitchen.

I shrugged. "Can we eat now?"Ellen asked. "I'm calling Jo and Adam. And Ash"Dean yelled. Then we just sat and waited for the others. But eating still. I looked at Gabe.

He smiled. "Family"he grabbed my hand. I nodded. "An amazing family"I said. He kissed my hand.