Chapter Eight

Abigail's POV

I finished all the household chores, I was hell tired. I somehow managed to go out of the house. I directly went Ryan's house. I used the spare key I had and got in the house. I slowly went to his room, I saw him on the bed. I went close and saw him sleeping. He looks so cute!! I went close to him and started caressing his hair. He moved a little, his eyes opened and I smiled looking at him. He all of a sudden jerked and got up, he touched my hand and saw me as if I'm some ghost. I giggled a bit.

"I'm not a dream, Ryan. I'm here" I whispered in his ears laughing. He smiled looking at me and held my hand.

Ryan's POV

I came home and was thinking about Abigail. I don't know when I fell asleep. I got up feeling someone caressing my forhead. I opened my eyes and saw Abigail in front of me and she was smiling, I think I'm dreaming. I slowly touched her hand seeing her with weird eyes. I touched her, she was really there!! I jerked getting up and saw her giggling.

"I'm not a dream, Ryan. I'm here" she said laughing, I smiled looking at her and held her hand.

"Now that your here, please tell me what was the reason behind our divorce?" I asked her calmly. She all of a sudden hugged me tightly, I hugged her back and caressed her back with one hand. I soon felt my shirt wet and saw she was crying.

"Abi, are you okay?" I asked her in a soft voice. She looked at me and said, "No, I missed you a lot!" She said and buried her face in my chest.

"Mom forced me for the divorce" she said and looked at her with a shocked face, "She always hurt me, she never loved me. She used to beat me when I didn't listen to her." She continued and cried. I was shocked, how can a mother do that to her own child, her own blood? "She didn't like me marrying you, when I told her that I love you and I wanted to marry you she beat me a lot. Dad also didn't stop her, he was looking as if it was no big deal. I always cried in the night. She didn't like you because you weren't rich, she wanted a rich son-in-law. Even after our marriage she wouldn't stop torturing me. I had you so I was happy, but this happiness didn't last long, she soon started forcing me for divorce, I had to agree or she would harm you and I can't bare that, so I agreed for divorce and created an unnecessary fight, I'm sorry, Ryan" she said and continued crying. I never knew she bared so much. I wanted to kill her mother for behaving so rude. I was really angry.

"Shh!! Don't cry, I'm with you!" I said in a soothing tone. I slowly kissed her forehead and took her in my embrace. She was tired and she slept in my embrace, I slowly made her lye down on the bed and slept besides her taking her in my embrace

**********