Chapter Ten

Abigail's POV

"Are you okay dear?" She said in a concerned voice, love was found in her voice, this was shocking as it never happened before. Am I dreaming? The mother who always hit me is now caring for me!

"I'm fine mom! No need to show your fake concern, I'll make your food" I told her and went to the wash basin and washed my fingers. I took a handkerchief and wiped the finger in which blood was coming out. Mom again came with dettol and without saying anything she poured it on a cotton piece and put that cotton on my finger.

"I'm not showing fake concern" she said looking at me and then again at the finger which she was nursing, "I care for you, Abi!" She continued. I was shocked when she said she cares. I never knew she shows her love through beating me and making me work all the time! She then bandaged my finger and left while I continued cooking. I was done after a hour. I took a sigh of relief and I saw towards the window. Ryan was still standing near those trees. If mom sees then I'll be dead!

I immediately went out of the house, near to where he was standing. I went near him and he immediately took me in a hug and kissed forehead.

"Are you okay?" He asked being concerned, "I saw that lady pulling your hair, I'll not spare her once she comes in my hands!" He said in an angry tone. Gosh! He needs to attend anger management classes! I slowly hugged him back saying, "It's okay! I'm absolutely fine. This is her daily routine. But one thing was really different about her!" I said thinking about the kitchen incident, "What?" He asked with curiosity. I showed him my bandaged finger, he saw that and got worried, "Are you really fine, did she hurt you?" He asked being worried, "No, I'm okay. Actually while cutting vegetables I cut my finger by mistake....." I was interrupted by Ryan, "What! You should be careful!" He said being worried again. Gosh! Why doesn't he listen to the full matter!!

"Ryan I'm absolutely fine! And the second thing I'm really confused about is, that she bandaged my finger. When she saw my cut finger, she was actually worried!" I said thinking about her behavior, "And the best part is she allowed me to stay with you today!" I continued excitedly. He smiled, "Did you tell her your staying with me?" He asked. That was a really silly question, "No, off course not! How do you expect her to say yes if I tell your name?" I replied and he took me in his embrace, "Hmm, that's also there" he said and kissed my cheeks. I wriggled out of his embrace, "Bye! See you in the night, I have work now!" I said and ran from there.

I entered home and saw mom with a dangerous expression on her face, "Where were you?" She asked with a serious expression, "Actually I saw my friend outside so I went to meet her" I said in a low tone. She nodded and said, "Okay, now serve food" I nodded and left from there.

The whole day passed. It was evening time, I packed some clothes for me as I was going to stay in Ryan's house tonight. I took some of Max's things and was going downstairs. I was going to step out when mom stopped me, "When will you be back by?" She questioned, "Maybe by afternoon as my friends and I are going to spend some time in the mall" I said and she nodded. I hurriedly went from there. When I stepped out I saw Ryan waiting in his car. I smiled at his care and got in. We soon reached his house and got down. He immediately took Max from my hand, "Now I'll carry him." He said and kissed his forehead. I sighed and went in.

"Want dinner? I've made your favourite Chinese." He said making me happy. I nodded with a broad smile and sat on the dinner table. I was really happy now! I finished my meal and fed Max. We soon went in the room where I made Max sleep. I changed into my night dress and waited for Ryan. He also changed and came. He hugged me tightly and said, "Wish I could keep you with me forever" I sighed and replied, "Me too!" I said and took me in his embrace and I soon fell asleep in his warm and loving embrace.

I woke in the morning, I saw my surroundings and was shocked. How could I forget this day! He still remembered and that's all that matters!

**********