Part 1

TAYLOR POV

It had taken me a few years but here I was....in the role of a lifetime....a life milestone I'd given up on until about 5 years ago. As I opened my eyes I couldn't help but smile as two bright blue eyes stared back at me.

"Good morning!" I said, smirking at the person who had decided to wake me up by climbing on top of me and opening my eyelids up.

"Hi momma!" The sweetest little voice replied, giggling as she realised I was awake and trying to wrap her arms around my neck as she laid down on my chest.

"Why are you up sweetheart?" I asked as I shifted up the bed so I was half sitting and she could wrap her arms around me properly, looking at my clock to see it was just gone 7am.

"Well.... Mr.Bear woke up and then I woke up and the sun was up so I decided it was time to get up....and my tummy was making noises at me." She explained, her voice slightly muffled by my pyjama top.

"Okay little one" I said, combing my fingers through her delicate dark blonde hair, "Well I guess we need to feed that tummy of yours before we go to the zoo."

Her head shot up and she smiled at me, "Yes please mummy! Can I have chocolate banana pancakes like Auntie Karlie makes me?"

"Ummm.... why not!" I replied, making her smile even more, "Go put on your slippers and I'll meet you in the kitchen." I helped her down off my bed and let her run off to her room.

About 18 months ago I had decided that I was really ready to be a mother and the fact that I wasn't in a relationship, and hadn't been in nearly 2 years at that point, wasn't going to stop me. I had released both my sixth original album and a 'best of' album and was just finished touring. I considered different methods, but ended up deciding to adopt. It was a fairly long process but when I saw my little girl I knew it was all worth it. I chose to adopt a slightly older child, not a new born, partly because it was slightly easier but also because often children don't get adopted when they are older. So, 6 months ago I brought home my little girl. Her name is Maisie Abigail Swift and she is 4 years old today! Everyone who meets her says she looks like my twin, with blond hair and blue eyes that match mine. Today we are going out for breakfast and then to the zoo for her birthday.

I snapped out of reminiscing about the past few years and got out of bed, putting on my slippers and wrapping my robe around me. It was slightly chilly out today as it was mid-November and I hadn't yet put the heating on since there had been a heatwave over the past couple of weeks. I had moved back to Nashville and bought a proper house when I started the process to adopt Maisie. I wanted her to grow up in a quieter city than New York or LA, although we had spent weekends in both those cities as well as 3 weeks in Rhode Island over the summer. Being in Nashville means that I am near my parents, and we don't get bothered so much by photographers and fans.

"Mommmmy!" I heard Maisie call out, obviously having already made it downstairs in her excitement. "Fooooooooooddddd timmmeeee!"

"Coming Miss Maisie!" I called back, laughing slightly at her persistence.

Almost 3 hours later we were both dressed in jeans and sweatshirts, ready to head off for a mommy and Maisie day today before going to my parents for dinner.

"Are we really going to the zoo?!" Maisie asked for the hundredth time this week as we drove out of the driveway.

"Yes, we are. And then, since it's your birthday, I thought we could get lunch and Bonuts at Biscuit Love and go for a walk.... maybe visit uncle Scott at the studios or something." I said, half focused on where we were going and half on Maisie.