Part 5

TAYLOR POV

"Hey Maisie?" I said to her as we had breakfast the morning after Adam had come over for dinner.

"Yeah?" She said, smiling at me sweetly with a syrup covered face from her waffle.

"Guess who is coming on the plane with us to LA tonight." I said, smirking slightly as her face scrunched up in thought.

"I dunno mommy...." She said with a shrug.

"Well I'll give you some hints. This person lives in LA.... You met them recently.... They like cats and little princesses..." I said, watching Maisie start to smile and wiggle on her chair.

"Is it Adam? Mommy? Is it?" She said enthusiastically.

"Yup! He was going to be going back tomorrow afternoon but I asked him if he wanted to go on the plane with us instead." I told her, ruffling her hair slightly as she jumped onto my lap and hugged me.

It was crazy to me how quickly Maisie had taken to Adam. Usually she was wary of new people, taking at least a couple of days to even talk to them, but it took less than 10 minutes for Maisie to be enamoured with him. I guess he has that effect on us Swift girls.... While I really enjoyed hanging out with him the night before I had this deep desire to suddenly be back to when we were together, when I could wrap myself around him and listen to him speaking and feeling his laugh, to when I would wake up with my legs entwined with his and his chest acting as my pillow. But that was a long time ago now, and as I had told him, I now had Maisie to think about .... But those what ifs still flitted in and out of my mind.

"Can he come over today? I want to play dress up with him!" Maisie said, giving me puppy dog eyes and clasping her hands together in a begging action.

"Adam has to work today sweetie, but you'll have a good few hours with him on the plane and he mentioned that we could go over to his house in LA to go swimming." I told her as she went from pouting to grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Come on crazy coot. You've got a swimming class today and then we have to pack."

ADAM POV

"Yeah, I'll be back late tonight." I told Charlie on the phone.

"Why the change in plans? We were going to pick you up en-route from Miami, mate?" Charlie asked, sounding slightly distracted.

"Um, well, I'm getting a ride with someone else." I told him, keeping it vague.

"Wait a second. Who?" Charlie said, suddenly alert, "Is it Taytay?"

"Maybe..." I said, smirking at his enthusiasm.

"Awwwwwwww. Cute! " Charlie said, telling his wife about the change of plans. "Well enjoy it. See you soon!"

He hung up and I just shook my head, checking the time and realising I had to start going to the airstrip to get there on time. It was nearly 5PM and we were scheduled to leave at 6.30PM.

I got in the car and drove out, spotting Taylor and Maisie just getting out of their car, with Taylor obviously holding Maisie quite tightly with the cars around, as I parked and walked towards them.

"PRINCE ADAM! YOU ARE HERE!!!" Maisie said, trying to squirm out of Taylor's arms.

"Hello Princess Maisie!" I said, reaching out and taking her from Taylor's arms to stop her wiggling. Taylor looked slightly shocked by my actions but also grateful. "Hi Tay."

"Hi! I hope you are ready for a crazy few hours.... She slept all the way here so she is full of beans." Taylor said, rolling her eyes and grabbing their smaller bags as one of her security guards loaded their luggage and mine onto the plane.

"Let's go Adam! I need to get my favourite seat!" Maisie said, pointing to the plane.

"You can put her down at the top of the steps." Taylor said as she followed us up the stairs.

I put Maisie down in the plane and smiled as she went straight for one of the large comfy seats.

"She still doesn't get the fact that she could have any of the seats on this plane.... I think it's weird that it's just us most of the time. And she gets scared on take-off so the seat comforts her." Taylor said quietly as we walked down the small plane's aisle.

"Sit with me Adam!" Maisie said, patting the chair next to her and making me smile at her.

I sat down next to Maisie while Taylor sat across from us.

"Ready little bean?" Taylor asked Maisie, putting an iPad and kids' headphones on the table as well as a chocolate bar.

"Ready mommy! I have my prince to keep me safe." Maisie said, looking up at me with big eyes and wrapping her arms around my arm to lean on me.

I smiled down at her and then looked up at Taylor who was smiling but seemed to have tears in her eyes. I looked over at her, asking with my eyes if she was alright to which she nodded.

TAYLOR POV

Maisie, despite having had a nap, fell asleep within 2 hours of the flight, leaving Adam and I to fill our time until we landed.

"It meant a lot of her that you came on the plane with her.... And it's the first time she hasn't screamed for the whole take-off. I might have to borrow you for all our flights!" I said, joking a little with Adam.... Although it would be nice for Maisie....and me.

"Well, if I'm free..." Adam said, a twinkle in his eye as he smirked at me, making us laugh. "What are you guys up while you're in LA?"

"We are going to visit friends like Selena and Jaime, I have a couple of meetings to go to, and then of course the AMAs next weekend." I said, watching as Adam ran his fingers through Maisie's hair as she lay with her head on his lap.

"Oh yeah.... You're hosting! I guess I'll see you there then." Adam said, with a smile on his face.

"Yeah! Definitely. Although I'll be pretty busy and not going to any parties....well, apart from the party we are having at my house." I told him, just watching him and Maisie, "You could come over to oir house after the show if you want. It will just be a few friends, their kids...and Austin of course."

Adam looked slightly shocked.

"I mean, like, if you don't have other plans already.... You probably have other plans, and who would choose to spend their night with a bunch of kids and their parents.... Sorry, ignore my invitation, I'm sure you'll be out enjoying your..." I started rambling, looking away from him until I felt someone grab my hand that was on the table. I looked up at Adam.

"Okay, breathe." He said with his ridiculously perfect smile, "I would love to come to your party...I have nothing that sounds better to do.... but won't it be a little odd? Like, with all your friends and your brother? I don't want you to feel awkward, it's you night after all."

I smiled slightly. He was worried about my feelings and my night.

"I would love for you to come. As you said, it's MY night so I can do what I want, right?" I said, smirking slightly as he laughed, trying not to move too much so Maisie didn't wake up.

"Fair point." He replied, "Then I would love to come."

I nodded once, "Good. That's set then. And Maisie would love to go swimming at yours if the invitation is still open?"

"Of course! I'll give you the code and you guys can come over whenever." He said, "Well, maybe let me know so I don't think someone's broken in or anything.... Also so I can let you know if the boys are over."

"Aww! The boys still come over?" I said, making fun of their little clique a bit. "I'd love to see them!"

"Yeah... still are crazy as ever too. I think they might terrify Maisie with their enthusiasm though..." Adam said, rubbing his chin a little.

"Probably.... They scared the cats and they are pretty feisty." I told him.

We kept talking about different things until Maisie woke up, stating she was absolutely starved and needed food. We then ate a little snack and started playing candy land all together. It felt so normal, like a family going on holiday or something. It was a little too comfortable.