Part 17

TAYLOR POV

I had told myself it was just nerves making me feel sick, just nerves. But then I felt the bile rising in my throat and I was a goner, tossing everything from the wastepaper bin and seeing the few bites of food I had eaten at dinner come out.

Maisie immediately shrieked and ran to get Adam, who quickly came running in. He immediately sat next to me and rubbed my back gently.

"You're okay darling.... Better to get it out then make you sicker." He said gently, making me cry even more. "You should've told me you were feeling rotten, we didn't have to have that dinner."

"I'm fine, trust me." I say, trying to smile at him, but his concerned face made me whimper again.

"Let's get you upstairs....." Adam said, taking the bin in one hand (no matter the fact it had puke in it) and helping me up with the other. "We'll get you nice and tucked in and then you can get a good night sleep, okay?"

"Mmhmmm..." I reply, leaning on him for support.

"One at a time." Adam said, helping me up each step and kissing the top of my head as we went up.

Before I knew it, we were in out bedroom, with me lying on our bed and Adam sitting next to me.

"Darling..... I'm so sorry you're feeling rotten." Adam said, brushing my hair out of my face and smiling at me carefully. "And I'm sorry if the food made you sick....."

I suddenly felt really guilty. Adam needed to know what was going on. I sat up slightly and opened my eyes wide, grabbing Adam's hands in mine and looking directly at him as his furrowed his brow in confusion at my sudden change.

"It's not the food, Adam. I was just really nervous and a little nauseous already." I told him.

"What are you nervous about, babe? Is something wrong?" He asked, concerned.

I took a deep breath and moved off the bed, and went to get something from my bag, carrying it back over to Adam and sitting back in front of him.

"So... I know this is really out of the blue and we haven't talk about it at all or anything, and we've only been back together for a year or so... but yeah... um, here." I said, handing him the small packet I had been holding.

Adam looked at the packet in confusion, turning it over and then opening it. Inside the little box was a tin white hat. Selena and I (with a little difficulty) had stitched 'Baby Wiles' onto it in green thread while we watched TV earlier. I was quite lucky that Selena had bought some baby presents for friends and had a spare hat which we could use.

Adam stared at the hat and then looked up at me in shock.

"I'm pregnant Adam.... We're going to have a baby." I said, smiling slightly and biting my lip as I tried to figure out his facial expression.

He continued to look between me and the little hat in his hands.

"Excuse me." He said suddenly, getting up and leaving the bedroom.

ADAM POV

I walked out of our bedroom carrying the cutest little hat in my hand.

We were going to have a baby! A combination of Taylor and I in the form of a tiny human. It was the best news I had gotten in a while, and I knew exactly how to make it better.

"Daddy? Where's mommy?" Maisie asked as I got to the bottom of the stairs.

"She's upstairs sweetheart, and I have a super special job for you to do." I told her, watching her face light up in excitement, "Can you go upstairs and bring mommy to the firepit for me?"