Part 12

ADAM POV

I spotted Maisie immediately, her blonde hair up in a ponytail wearing purple leggings and a black t-shirt dress, with her back to us as she played at a toy kitchen. Taylor put her finger to her lips to tell me to be quiet as she moved towards Maisie's left and I went to the right.

"Hey baby girl." Taylor said, making Maisie's head shoot up as she heard her mom, turning towards her and opening her arms for a hug. "Ready to go home and get ready for the dance?"

"Yeah...." Maisie said, sounding not as excited as I would have expected.

"Well I brought you a special surprise to make the evening extra special. Do you know what it is?" Taylor asked her, lifting her chin up slightly and trying to get her to smile.

"No. Where is it?" Maisie said, sounding a little more perked up.

"Turn around." Taylor said, looking over Maisie's should and grinning at me.

Maisie turned around and immediately her eyes widened and her smile grew huge.

"ADAM! You came!" Maisie squealed, running the few steps to me as I crouched down and lifted her into my arms, with my smile mirroring hers.

"I sure did Maisie. I couldn't let my princess go to a dance without me!" I told her, as she wrapped her arms tightly around my neck and buried her face in my shoulder. I looked at Taylor, who had tears in her eyes and a smile on her face.

"I love you Adam." I heard her little muffled voice say.

"I love you too little one." I whispered back to her "Shall we head home now?"

Maisie nodded and smiled at me and Taylor as I wrapped one arm around Taylor's shoulders and held Maisie with the other.

"Mommy, I love my surprise. Thank you." Maisie said, being the ever-so-polite little girl she is.

"You are more than welcome sweetie." Taylor said, wrapping one of her arms around my back and leaning on me slightly as we walked out to the car.

TAYLOR POV

I felt like I was walking on clouds for the rest of the day. Maisie was happier than she had been in over a week, I was happier than I had been in over a week. Adam was here, in my house, playing with my daughter, about to take her to a dance as if he had always been around. It felt so right.

"Are my queen and princess almost ready?" I heard Adam ask from downstairs.

"Shall we go out to see Adam now?" I asked Maisie, who was wearing a light purple dress that had a sequinned top and a tulle shirt. I was just wearing jeans and a top as I was staying home, with my best friend Abi coming over whilst the dance was going on, since her daughter was also at the nursery (in the 2-3 class) and was going to the dance with Matt.

"Yes, let's go mommy." Maisie said, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

We walked downstairs to find Adam in a suit with an open collared shirt in the same colour as Maisie's dress. He held a small daisy corsage in his hand, which he kneeled and offered to Maisie when we got to the bottom of the stairs. He had already given her a framed photo of the two of them from the AMAs earlier in the evening with a little teddy bear.

"Wow.... Thank you, Adam." Maisie said, in complete awe at the fact her favourite flowers were now attached to her wrist.

"You are most welcome. Shall we get going?" Adam asked Maisie. He was going to drive the two of them and had even rented a car seat for his car so we didn't have to move the one from mine.