Part 15

A/N: Let me know what YOU want to happen in the next part!

1 year later

ADAM POV

"Adam? I'm going out for a bit." Taylor called out the door from the house. "You guys going to be okay?"

"Okay! We'll be fine, won't we Maisie!" I said, looking up from the book I was reading.

"Yup! Daddy is reading with me." Maisie said, not even looking at Taylor, "See you later mommy!"

Maisie was really into reading this year and we would spend hours reading books together either on the sofa or the hammock in the backyard on the weekend. It was late afternoon on a Saturday and unseasonably warm for early March so we were outside.

"Take your time, babe." I said, smiling at her as she looked a little unsure. Taylor had been acting a little off all day, but I was hoping it wasn't anything bad.

"Okay.... I might be a couple of hours. I'll let you know when I'm on my way home." Taylor said, waving slightly before going back into the house to leave.

I waited until I heard her car pull away before closing the book Maisie and I were reading. Maisie looked up and me with a frown on her face.

"Hey Maisie? I have a special secret mission for you to help with while mommy is out." I told her, making her face light up.

"I love secrets!" Maisie said, rolling over so she was half sat on my stomach as I lay on the hammock.

"Well... you know how in the book we read last week the prince and the princess had a huge wedding party and everyone came?" I asked her.

"Yeah! And they wore pretty clothes and all danced. And then the prince and princess were married and then they became the king and queen." She said, finishing the story, "why?"

"Well I want to ask your mommy to marry me.... and if she says yes then we will have a big party like that with the nice dresses and dancing." I told her, making her squeal, "Shh.... It's a secret remember?"

"Oops!" She said sheepishly, "What's the mission then?"

"So... we are going to put candles all around the firepit and make it look pretty. And then I will ask her and give her a pretty ring. And then we are doing to have a fancy dinner all together." I explained to her, trying not to groan as she bounced up and down in excitement, landing on my stomach each time.

"Let's get going then!" Maisie said, trying to climb out of the hammock but struggling until I lifted her off and she started running into the house, "Come on Daddy!"

TAYLOR POV

"It's not the right time." I said to Selena as I sat in her living room having tea.

She was my first stop after I left home. I needed a friend right now – someone who had known me for years.

"Why's that?" Selena said gently.

"It just isn't. Maisie is only just 5, she's only been with me for a little under a year and there's been a lot of change in her life over that time. Moving in with me, getting used to travelling around, meeting lots of new people, moving to LA, living with Adam, starting Kindergarten.... And what's Adam going to say about this? It's not like we've discussed it." I rambled to her, barely looking up from my mug, trying to stop tears from forming which I knew they would if I looked at Selena's face.

"Okay, Taylor. First off, Maisie is the most adaptable child I have ever met and she knows she is very loved. She has taken to LA, living with Adam, and kindergarten like a fish to water. And Adam went from being a renowned bachelor to a dad within a matter of weeks – hell, it was only days basically – for you, sweetie. He loves you – both of you – and he wouldn't ever do anything to compromise that. He was willing to travel back and forth to Nashville weekly when you lived there, he has dealt with Maisie getting sick while you were away, he smiles whenever anyone mentions you or Maisie – well, he always has really – and would do everything in his power to make his girls smile." Selena told me, making a lot of sense but I still didn't feel less stressed, "Now, what is this all about anyways?"