Part 7

TAYLOR POV

"Nope! Go fish!" I heard a little giggling girl say as I came into the house, making me smile. My little girl was back to her normal self again!

I was only back for a half hour to shower and see Maisie before going back to start hair, make-up, and getting dressed. Maisie was supposed to come with me and then get picked up before I went to the red carpet by Austin and I was hoping she was still up for it.

"Hi guys!" I said, dropping my bag at the bottom of the stairs and leaning against the doorway to the living room.

"MOMMY!" Maisie squealed, jumping off the sofa and jumping into my arms.

"Hey little one. Are you feeling better?" I asked her, peppering her forehead with kisses.

"Yeah! Nothing feels icky anymore! And Adam made me grilled cheese for lunch and made a smoothie. We saved you some too!" Maisie said, barely taking a breath. "Adam is really cool! He can reach the ceiling mommy!"

"Wow! You've had a fun day haven't you!" I said to her, looking up at Adam, who was smiling as he watched us. I mouthed a thank you to him and he just shrugged, making me roll my eyes slightly but my heart tightens.

"Uh huh!" She said, snuggling into me a little. "Are we going to the fancy building now?"

"Not yet sweetie. Mommy has to have a shower and eat some food first." I told her, putting her back on her feet.

"I'll get going then..." Adam said, looking a little awkward.

"You can stay if you want.... like until we leave for the arena." I told him, hoping he would say yes.

"Yeah, sure. How about Maisie and I get some food ready while you go shower." Adam said, looking weirdly relieved. I think he really enjoyed being here with Maisie, and she obviously loved it.

"Is Adam coming to the fancy building with us mommy? Can he please! Then he can play with me while you get ready!!" Maisie said, giving me puppy dog eyes and putting her arms around my legs as best she could.

"Sweetie, Adam probably has stuff to do." I told her, running my fingers through her hair as she stuck her bottom lip out.

"Actually I don't have much going on today..." Adam said quietly, looking away from me.

Suddenly she let go of my legs and ran up to Adam, who picked her up so she was eye level with us both.

"Can you? Pretty please?" Maisie said, "I'll get bored if you don't come!"

She was trying to manipulate him and unfortunately, I had already seen how easily persuaded Adam could be by small children.

Adam looked at me. I tried not to laugh, biting my lips to not smile.

"If it's okay with your mum, I could come until your uncle gets there?" Adam said, looking at me, asking me directly.

"If you're sure. There will be a heck of a lot of women there and a lot of make-up and hairspray." I said.

"Nothing I haven't been party to before." Adam said winking and chuckling a little, obviously relived that I wasn't annoyed at him.

"Okay then. I'll have a shower, you two get some food, and we'll be off." I told them, listening to Maisie cheering and chattering away to Adam.

"I'm so excited!" She said, giving Adam a kiss on his cheek and making him smile.

I was back downstairs within 30 minutes, having showered and changed. I still had wet hair as I knew the hair team would prefer to dry it themselves while styling it.

As I had been going upstairs I had received a message from Austin. He was stuck on set until later tonight as one of the shots was taking longer than planned, so he wouldn't be free to watch Maisie in the end. I resolved myself to Maisie having to stay at the venue with me, deciding that she could probably hang out with some of my friends in the audience. Even though I like to keep a low profile, the actual show wasn't full of crazed fans and paparazzi. And it could be fun, plus I could keep an eye on her. I stopped off in her room before going downstairs to get a little dress she had just been given by Karlie for her birthday that was gold and princess like, along with little gold flats.

"So, we have two vegetable wraps for me and your mum and one extra special cheese wrap for you, plus some popcorn and fruit leathers." Adam was telling Maisie as he handed her items to put in a bag as she sat on the counter.

"Yay!" Maisie said, holding her arms out and getting Adam to lift her up, "You know... I love you more than the cats mister Adam. You're my new best friend. But don't tell mommy because she might get sad."

I stood in the doorway, Maisie's back to me, watching Adam smiling as he held my little girl in his arms. Adam looked up and caught my eyes as Maisie spoke to him, grinning at me as I smiled at him.

"It can be our little secret." Adam told her, holding his pinkie up to her and making her giggle again as they pinkie promised. "Now I think mommy is ready to go."

Maisie turned towards me, still in Adam's arms, and waved.

"Hi mommy! We made a picnic to take with us. Are we going now?" She asked.

"Soon babe. First, I need to ask you a question. Uncle Austin can't come over anymore, so I was wondering if you wanted to stay for the show? You can sit in the audience with mommy's friends or hang out in my dressing room with Miss Tree." I asked her.

"Really?! I can come?" Maisie said, grinning at me as I nodded, "Adam I get to be a real princess!"

"I heard sweetheart. How exciting!" Adam said, chuckling at her enthusiasm.

"Can you go get some books to read while you wait for the show? I have your toys, and the outfit Karlie gave you for your birthday." I asked Maisie, who wiggled down from Adam's arms and ran off.

"I have to go by mine and get my suit and shoes, so I'll meet your guys there in about an hour?" Adam said, "If it's still okay for me to come with you while you get ready?"

"Please do! Maisie is going to be bouncing off the walls now since she gets to watch the show live!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Mommy! I have my books!" Maisie sang as she trotted down the stairs.

"Okay darling, let's get going then!" I told her, helping her get her shoes on.

"Are you still coming Adam?" Maisie asked, giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Of course, I am! I wouldn't ever miss you being a princess!" Adam said, feigning shock at her question and making her giggle. "I will meet your guys there in a little bit."

"Yay! And then we can sit together while mommy is on stage! You can be my prince!" Maisie said resolutely, making the two of us look at each other.

I think the two of us had the same thought. If Maisie was with Adam there were going to be stories tomorrow.

"Fine with me." I said with a shrug, even though I was petrified about Maisie getting involved in tabloid fodder stories.

"Okay then... I accept the invitation, princess Maisie." Adam said, bowing towards her and making her giggle sweetly.

ADAM POV

As I drove home I realised how much had happened in a few hours.

I was enamoured with Maisie. She was the cutest and most intelligent little girl I had ever been around. She was so accepting of things, whilst also having very strong opinions. She really reminded me of Taylor, despite the fact they aren't actually related. I fell in love with this little girl and her enthusiasm.

Taylor was obviously nervous about the stories that would be made up when people got a hold of photos of me and Maisie together at the show tonight, but seemed to be okay with it. She seemed happy for me to be around Maisie and as a result around her, making me ecstatic.

I got home and showered quickly before grabbing my suit, shoes, and a phone charger and leaving the house again. I had promised to be there in an hour and now had 30 minutes to get there and find them. Hopefully Taylor will have put me on the list to get into the backstage area.

o-bidi-font-sty{'