Part 4

Adam POV

I arrived at Taylor's new house at 5.45, not wanting to be late, and sat in my car waiting until I felt like it was reasonable to go up to the door. I had brought a bottle of sparkling apple juice and a bouquet of flowers with me, luckily realising that Maisie would be there so wine or harder liquor wouldn't probably not be welcomed in the way it used to be.

10 minutes later, I decided to go up and ring the doorbell. I only had to wait about 30 seconds for the door to swing open and small arms to wrap around my legs.

"Prince Adam! You came!" Maisie squealed, squeezing my legs tightly and smiling up at me.

"Of course I did, princess Maisie." I replied, smiling at her and making her grin widely and skip off into the house.

"Um, well, come on in." Taylor said, biting her lip slightly as if she was nervous but smiling as well.

"Uh, thanks.... These are for you." I said, holding out the flowers and bottle of juice.

"That's so sweet!" Taylor said, genuinely smiling now, "Let's get a vase for these."

I followed her through the living room and into the kitchen. You could tell that this was a very lived in family home, unlike Taylor's house's when we were together which were all home-y but not lived in enough. There were photos everywhere of Taylor, her friends, family, and Maisie.

"This is a really nice place Tay!" I told her as I looked around, almost bumping into her as she stopped by the kitchen island.

"Thanks! I like it. I feel it's very....me.... at least for this stage of my life." She said, looking around in a cupboard for a vase before reaching up to get one from the top shelf but not quite making it.

"Let me help." I said, easily reaching up to get the vase down.

"Ah, the whole certified giant thing has come in handy once again." She said, laughing and reminding me of the times I would get things off top shelves or change lightbulbs for her with ease.

"Prince Giant at your service." I said, laughing as I bowed.

"MOMMYYYYY!" We heard Maisie call out as she ran towards the kitchen.

"Inside voices Maisie." Taylor said, making Maisie give us both a guilty look, "What's up?"

"Can I take Prince Adam to see the cats and my bedroom?" She asked quietly, making me smirk slightly.

"Thank you for using your inside voice. And yes, why don't you two explore and find the two crazy cats while I dish up dinner?" Taylor said, making Maisie jump up and down and grab my hand.

"Sure, you don't need any help?" I asked, as I was dragged off.

"Go explore. I've got this." Taylor said, waving us out of the kitchen.

TAYLOR POV

I was incredible grateful for Maisie dragging Adam away. It gave me a few minutes to breath and regain my composure. When Adam reached over me to get the vase a rush of memories came over me and it made the kitchen feel far too small. I knew in my brain that nothing could happen between us, but I just needed my heart to cooperate.

"Mommy! Look, Meredith really likes prince Adam. She's purring and cuddling!" Maisie said, coming in holding Olivia in an uncomfortable position, although the cat wasn't complaining.

Adam followed behind, grinning from ear to ear, with Meredith cuddled up in the crook of his elbow. I couldn't help but smile.

"Aww grumpy cat, your friend came over, didn't he?" I said, scratching her chin as I laughed, "Maisie, can you wash your hands for dinner?"