Part 8

TAYLOR POV

"So, Austin can't come to get Maisie so I'm going to let her sit in the audience with friends tonight." I told Tree, trying to be nonchalant about it, as I went over my lines for the show and waited for the 'glam squad' to arrive.

"Okay... with who?" She asked, sceptically.

"You know... Selena, Abel, Danielle, Kelsea...." I said, adding quietly "and Adam."

"Pardon me? Did you just say Adam? As in Adam Wiles? As in the man whose tweets and messages we had to deal with for months a few years ago?" Tree said.

"That's the one!" I said laughing at the irony, "We're, um, friends again and Maisie loves him. He's going to keep her company for a few hours before the show starts and she wants to sit with him."

"Oh joy!" Tree said sarcastically.

"MISS TREE! Guess what?!" Maisie said, having only just noticed her.

"Hey sweetie pie. What's up?" Tree said, crouching down.

"Adam is going to me my prince tonight and we are going to watch mommy on the big stage!" She said excitedly.

"I heard! How, um, exciting!" Tree replied.

Maisie clapped her hands and then went back to playing with her toys on the sofa.

"So, this is okay? You're ready for the stories and stuff?" Tree said, "Wait... you're not, like, with him again right?"

"No. nothing like that. I have Maisie to think about and he makes her happy and I needed someone to look after her today... so yeah." I said with a shrug, looking down at my phone where I was texting Selena so she didn't see my bluish.

"Sure." She said, the eye rolling evident in her voice, "Anyways, I can deal with anything they throw at us. Let me know if you need anything. I'll put Adam on the list to get in here and be back before the red carpet."

"Thanks Tree!" I said as she said bye to Maisie and left the dressing room.

Selena kept sending me the kissy face emoji and the eye roll emoji as I told her what the plan was. None of my friends believed that Adam and I weren't more than friends again, and I was starting to regret my decisions too, but I have Maisie and she comes first...even if she loves him more than the cats.

ADAM POV

Luckily, I was on the list to get backstage when I got to the venue, being led straight to Taylor's dressing room when I arrived.

I knocked on the door and waited to hear her voice say I could come in.

Taylor was sitting on a high chair with people doing her hair and make-up simultaneously. I recognised a few of them from Taylor's tour dates and shows she went to when we were together, but not all of them. They all looked slightly shocked that I was there.

Just as Taylor was about to introduce me, Maisie came barrelling over.

"ADAM! You came!" She said as I dropped my bags and caught her in my arms, holding her tight as she hugged me.

"I did miss Maisie." I told her as she smiled at me and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Hi Tay."

"Hi Adam." She said watching us, "She might take a N-A-P on your shoulder, just to warn you."

Taylor pointed to Maisie and I looked down where she had close her eyes. I smiled and nodded, chuckling lightly and sitting on the sofa, getting my phone out to keep myself occupied as the 'glam squad' kept going on getting Taylor ready.