Chapter two

David was filming a bit for his vlog. It had started as Zane yelling at Heath to stop smoking. Dom then told Heath to grab a beer and throw it at Zane. Heath would throw it far away from Zane so no one would get hurt. Everyone thought it was a good idea.

"You think I have a smoking problem?!" Heath yelled, starting the bit again.

Zane rolled his eyes. Then, Heath proceeded to throw the beer past Zane. There was a loud crash. It sounded like a window had broke. Everyone watched David drop the camera and fall to the floor.

When Heath had thrown the bottle, it hit a window right behind David. One of the pieces of glass hit the back of his left leg while another hit his back.

Everyone crowded around David. They were asking him questions but he wasn't really responding. They tried to get him to stand up but he didn't move.

"DAVID!" Liza yelled. She pushed everyone out of the way to get close to David. "Zane, call 911. Jason I need a towel. There is a lot of blood."
Liza turned David on his back and put his head on her lap. As she was panicking and yelling, she watched her tears fall onto David's forehead. Heath grabbed a towel from Jason and wrapped it around his leg. The piece of glass was still sticking out of the back of his leg. Jason and Dom started clearing the glass out of the way.

David wasn't talking, but you could now see the pain in his face. Liza turned to talk to him.

"David! David, it's okay. An ambulance is coming."

David shut his eyes and screamed in pain. Liza couldn't handle seeing him in pain. She put her arms on his chest and sobbed. Corinna handed Liza a towel to soak up the blood from the cuts on his arms and chest.

Zane walked back into the scene with the paramedics behind him. They placed David on a stretcher with his face towards the board so that the glass wouldn't dig deeper into his skin. One of the paramedics asked Zane what had happened. As Zane explained, Liza and David got into the ambulance.

The paramedics told Liza to explain what had happened. Liza tried to explain what she had heard and what she had seen but she couldn't talk through her tears. One paramedic continued to ask David questions to keep him talking. He would answer some questions, but not all of them.

After what seemed like an eternity later, they arrived at the hospital. Liza hopped out of the ambulance and watched them wheel David into the ER. She ran after them, hoping to tell the doctor what had happened. Instead, a nurse stopped her and asked her what had happened.

"Ma'am, I need you to explain everything so that I can tell the doctor," the nurse said.

"I- I didn't see everything. I'm not sure what happened. I heard a crash and then I saw him laying on the ground."

"Were there visible injuries?"

"Uh, there is a piece of glass in his back and in his leg."

"Anything else. Anything will-"

"Cuts. There are cuts on his arms. I wiped the blood off before the paramedics came."

"Good. What-"

"There was blood and glass on the floor. I wasn't there. I couldn't have caught him when he fell-"

"So he fell?"

"That's what they told me."

"Who told you that? Are they here with you?"

"Um, Zane, um, Heath, Jason. They should be driving here."

"Thank you ma'am. If you wouldn't mind filling these-"

"Can I see him? Please I need to hold his hand."

"Ma'am, the doctor needs to know what is wrong."

"Okay. I understand." Liza grabbed the chart and started filling it out. She watched her tears start to wrinkle the papers and smear the ink.

~

Everyone arrived at the hospital. They saw Liza in the waiting room crying into her hands. Corinna sat down next to her and put her arm around her. Jason stood next to Corinna. Heath crouched down and put his hands on her knees.

"Liza, I am so sorry," he said.

Liza didn't say anything.

"I didn't know he was going to get hurt. I'm so sorry."

Liza looked up and hugged Heath. Her tears made of the back of his shirt wet. He wrapped his arms around her and put his hand on the back of her head.

Zane came in with Dom after parking the car. Liza sat back down on a chair while Jason told her what had happened. Liza was in shock, so she just closed her eyes and listened. Corinna wrapped her arms around her and started drying her tears.

"He will be okay," she said. "He's strong. He's a fighter. He will be okay."

Liza continued to cry at the sound of comforting words. She just wanted to hug David and know that he was going to be okay.

"Holy shit," Dom whispered.

Liza sat up. Corinna gasped. Jason, Heath, and Zane just stared. They all watched David get pushed on a stretcher into the operating room. The doors swung close as the stretcher had fully entered. Liza only stood in shock and silence.