Chapter twenty eight

"Liza and David deserve the world," Corinna said as her clip projected onto the bare wall.

Then, the video stopped playing and the room went dark. Zane turned the lights on to expose Liza with tears running down her face. David couldn't stop smiling.

~

With a kiss, David and Liza separated and went back to the house they were sleeping at. Liza and the girls went home. For the guys, the night had just started.

"David," Toddy said, "we have another place to take you."

"Please don't take me to a fucking strip club," David laughed.

"We would never," Jason laughed sarcastically.

"But we really aren't," Scotty said. "We wanted to take you somewhere you have never been and somewhere you can't show Liza."

"What?" David asked.

"Are we really taking him?!" Heath yelled from the back of the car.

"Yes we are, baby," Zane yelled back. Heath responded with a scream.

"What is going on?" David asked.

"Just wait and see," Alex said.

~

30 minutes later, they parked the car and walked out to a ledge.

"What is this?" David asked.

"This place is important to all of us," Toddy said.

"This is where I lost my virginity," Dom said.

"This is where me and Heath would hang out when we first met," Zane said.

"The guys showed me this place one day," Alex said. "I had vodka for the first time here."

"I used to come here when I was sad," Jason said. "The guys brought me here to distract me."

"Me and Kristen had a couple dates up here," Scotty said.

"Why the hell have I not been up here?" David asked.

"Cause you have never needed to be here," Heath said. "This place is therapeutic for us, but you don't need that. You have been happy ever since you met Liza."

"We brought you here tonight so that you can have a connection with it like we do," Jason said.

"Well, thanks," David said.

"We brought alcohol, but we know you don't really drink," Scotty said.

"We thought you might as well because you will be married tomorrow," Zane said.

"And marriage is fucking horrible," Jason laughed.

"Well, okay," David said. "I guess. I just can't drink a lot."

"Yes!" Heath yelled.

"We won't get you drunk," Alex said. "As your best man, I'll cut you off."

David and Alex laughed.

~

Back at Kristen's house, Liza and the girls went to bed early so that they would all be ready for tomorrow.

"Is your family here yet?" Corinna asked Liza.

"Not yet," Liza said.

"They will be here," Erin said.

"Hopefully," Liza said. "I honestly can't expect anything anymore."

"I'm sorry," Gabbie said. "But tomorrow will be perfect no matter what happens."