Chapter nine

"Very funny Corinna," Dom said.

Corinna looked down. She felt her eyes start to feel heavy as a tear streamed down her face.

"Corinna-" Dom said. "Holy shit! Are you serious?!"

Corinna nodded and pointed to the pregnancy test on the coffee table. Dom picked it up.

"Shit." Dom started swearing under his breath.

"Dom, what are we supposed to do?"

"Hell if I know. I can't be a dad yet. We can't be parents."

"I know that Dom. That's why I have been crying myself to sleep every night for the past week."

"When did you find out about this?"

"Yesterday. I didn't know how to tell you."

Dom threw the pregnancy test onto the coffee table.

"Dom! This isn't my fault."

"This isn't your fault?! This isn't your fault?! Last time I checked, you were the person who said it was okay!"

"Dom! Please stop!"

"I asked you and you said it was okay! How is this my fault?!"

"You can't blame this on me, Dom. It was both of us."

Dom laughed. "Okay. If you want me to say that, then I'll say that."

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What's wrong with me?! Corinna, I just found out I am a father of a baby! How do you not understand that?!"

"Of course I understand that! Dom- I had to accept the fact that my life is over. You can go on with your life of partying, drinking, and forget about me. But I can't do that! I'm the one who is pregnant, Dom! You were the one you got me pregnant. It doesn't matter who's fault it is! You got me pregnant. My life is over and the only thing you can think about is yourself!"

"I never said I wasn't thinking about you-"

"You only talked about yourself! I have been dying inside with the thought that I am pregnant with your baby! Don't you understand that?!"

"Corinna-"

"I need you to leave."

"Corinna-"

"Now, Dom! I don't ever want to see you again!"

Dom then left, slamming the door behind him. Corinna went over to the door to lock it. She sat against the door, sobbing. She felt sick, sad, and angry.

When Dom got to his car, he started hitting his steering wheel. He couldn't be a father. This was his fault. As soon as he felt a tear fall onto his lap, he drove away.

~

Liza helped David into the car. Today was his last "check-up". He was going to be out of his wheelchair today.

"Are you nervous?" Liza asked as she started to drive.

"Not really," David said. "I'm just excited."

Liza smiled while David kissed her hand.

"Can we talk about the night that all of this happened?" Liza asked sheepishly.

"If you want to."

"What do you remember?"

"Not much. I just remember you calling my name, and putting my head in your lap. You wiped the blood of of my arms. That's all I remember."