Chapter seventeen

Liza picked up her torn wedding dress. She cried into David's arms as he held her. Everything in her house was ruined or trashed. David called 911.

A few minutes later, a couple of police officers checked the apartment, then helped Liza stand up and get moved out of the apartment. Liza didn't want to let go of David's hand, so David didn't let her go.

"Do you have somewhere you can stay for now?" A police officer asked Liza.

"She can stay with me," David said. "Do you know why someone would do this?"

"This wasn't a robbery," the police officer said. "Nothing is gone. Everything is just ruined. This was a hate crime. We will start investigating tomorrow. For now, go home and get some sleep."

~

David drove her to his apartment. He helped her out of the car and into the bedroom. David held her as she cried herself to sleep.

The next morning, David got a phone call from the police officer that is investigating the whole thing.

Hello?

Hello. Is this Mr. Dobrik?

Yes, what's going on?

We have started the investigation at Miss Koshy's apartment. It seems that someone left a note on the countertop.

What does it say?

It's basically a note telling her to not get married.

Holy shit, are you serious?!

We will call you back when we get more information.

~

David explained what had happened to Liza.

"Who would do that?" Liza asked through tears.

David hugged her, "I don't know. I'm so sorry."

~

Within a couple hours, everyone knew what had happened to Liza. All of their friends asked to come over. David said that they could, so they rushed over to his house.

As they walked in the door, Corinna ran up to Liza. "Liza!" She said. "Are you okay?!"

"Are you okay?!" Heath asked.

"I'm so sorry," Jason said.

Liza only cried and hugged everyone.

"What are they doing about it?!" Zane asked.

"They started investigating this morning," David said. "They said someone left a note saying that Liza shouldn't get married."

"Holy shit," Dom said.

"Why would someone do that?" Scotty asked.

"I don't know," David said.

"Shit," Toddy said.

"I'm so sorry Liza," Gabbie said as she hugged her.

~

Everyone stayed at David's house for a while, trying to distract Liza from reality. Liza was holding David's hand the whole time without even realizing it. Every time she remembered picking up her torn wedding dress, she felt her eyes start to well up and got the horrible feeling in the back of her throat.

"Let's go somewhere," Gabbie said.

"Yeah," Zane said. "It would be good for Liza to get out of this house."

"We can go anywhere," Corinna said.

David looked at Liza. He saw the tears in her eyes, so he kissed her forehead. He whispered, "what do you think?"

Liza looked up at him, then nodded.

"Great," Corinna said.

"I can drive," Heath said.

"I'll drive too," Scotty said.

"I'll stay with Liza," David said, helping Liza up.

Everyone decided they would go to a movie. David went with Scotty, Toddy, Liza, and Jason. Everyone else went with Heath.

One the drive there, they got stuck in traffic.

"How are you doing?" Scotty asked Liza.

"I'm okay," she said. David kissed her.

"That's good," Jason said.

"We are here to make you happy," Toddy said.

Liza giggled, then buried her head into David's chest.

~

Once they got to the movie theater, Scotty turned down the blasting music to talk to Gabbie who had walked up to the car.

"Where did you guys park?" Scotty asked as he looked over the full parking lot.

Gabbie pointed to behind the movie theater.

"We will meet you in there," Toddy said.

Once they parked, Scotty helped Liza out of the car. David followed after her, reaching for her hand immediately. As they started walking into the theater, some people ran up to them, asking for pictures. Liza wasn't really in the mood, but she did it anyway.

After they took the pictures, David got a call from the police officer that was investigating.

Hello?

Mr. Dobrik?

Yes?

We have some new information.

Okay-

It was a large group of people that ruined Miss Koshy's apartment.

Holy shit. How many people?

We aren't sure, but more then ten. Be careful.

Thank you.

~

As David hung up the phone, a couple people that they had taken pictures with yelled something at them.

"Sorry about your apartment!"