Starlight (2)

Ever since Bella's birthday, Noah has not been able to get in contact with Rosalie. When he would try to call her it would not go through. He was unable to go to her house since he was still sharing the truck with Bella, and she has been using it more.

Right now he was walking back home after walking around town and taking pictures. He needed to get out of the house and clear his mind.

As Noah walked up to his house he saw the orange truck parked. 'Bella's home from school. Maybe I can go see Rosalie' he thought.

When he walked into the house it was noticeably quiet. He walked upstairs and checked Bella's room noticing that she was not there. Assuming she was probably out with Edward, he went into his bedroom. Once he stepped in he froze in his tracks.

In the middle of his bed laid the engagement ring he had given Rosalie. He walked gingerly towards it not comprehending what was happening. He picked it up holding it.

There was no note, no message, not one thing that explained why Rosalie left her ring on his bed. He covered the ring in his palm making a fist. His eyes were watering as he took in deep breaths to calm himself down.

There were a lot of emotions running through him like anger, sadness, rejection, betrayal, disbelief, confusion, etc. He looked to the table next to his bedside. Sitting there was a framed picture of Rosalie and him. They were sitting in a canoe in their special area. Alice had secretly take a picture of them from shore and made a copy for the both of them.

 Alice had secretly take a picture of them from shore and made a copy for the both of them

Noah picked it up and put it so facedown, so he didn't have to look at it again. He went over to his desk where he had the ring box sitting at and place the ring back in. He walked back to his bed and plopped down onto it letting the tears fall.

***

"Noah? What's wrong? What happened?" Charlie asked when he stepped into his son's room.

He saw Noah laying in his bed looking up to the ceiling. He noticed that there were signs of him crying from the noticeable dried tears on his cheeks.

"Rosalie returned her ring back to me." Noah said his voice hoarse from the lack of talking he did.

Charlie looked at him in shock before walking over to sit by his side. "I'm so sorry son. Do you know why she gave it back?"

Noah shook his head rubbing his eyes, "No, there was no explanation." He assumed his dad thought she gave it to him face-to-face, and he didn't want to explain as to how she snuck into the house.

"Does Bella know about this? Where is she anyways?" Charlie asked making Noah sit up and look at him in confusion.

"What do you mean where is she?" Noah said before looking at his window, "It's already getting dark. I haven't seen her since this morning."