Starlight (11)

Noah stood by Alice as they waited in Charlie's house. No one was there which was unusual, so it made him even more worried.

He heard a car pull up in front of the house, and heard voices he knew belong to Jacob and more importantly Bella. He glanced at Alice, then the door.

Hurried footsteps came towards the door before it opened slowly. The most sweetest scent came towards him making Noah's mouth water. He held his breath so he wasn't tempted to drink his sister's blood. He began to question himself on whether or not it was a good idea on coming.

Bella moved in closing the door behind her. The lights turned on revealing Alice and Noah to Bella making her jump in surprise.

Bella looked at Alice in shock recovering from the shock, "Alice!"

She leaped into Alice's arms hugging her tightly. Alice returned the hug before moving Bella back. "Bella!"

"I'm sorry. I-I just can't believe you're here." Bella stared wide-eyed at Alice in disbelief, "Is-Is—"

Noah would've commented on how he was here as well, but didn't want to breath in her scent.

"Do you want to explain to me how you're alive?" Alice asked staring at Bella in shock as well.

Bella took a step back taken aback at what Alice said, "What?"

"I saw a vision of you." Alice explain before continuing, "You jumped off a cliff. Why in the hell would you try to kill yourself? What about Charlie? What about—"

"I didn't try to kill myself." Bella interrupted Alice, "I was cliff jumping. Recreationally. It was fun."

Alice sighed in disbelief turning to sit down on the couch. Bella turned her attention away from Alice, and finally noticed Noah.

"Noah, you came too!" Bella surprised looking at him closely, "I thought you would've been..."

She trailed off when she noticed his red eyes. Noah smiled gently at her. "I was, but once I found out what you did I had to come."

Bella swallowed nodding her head shifting a little. She quickly glanced at Alice again before looking at Noah, "I'm just gonna grab something to drink quickly."

She moved towards the kitchen and Noah moved to sit on the reclining chair. He gave Alice a look clearly conveying his doubt on his control.

"Don't worry you won't hurt her." Alice reassured him quietly, "That's one thing I can see."

Noah nodded still unsure, but trusted Alice's judgement. Bella came back in clutching a yellow mug in her hands. She sat down next to Alice curling up.

"I have never met anyone more prone to life-threatening idiocy." Alice commented only hearing the small, "me neither" from Noah.

"Does...did you, did you tell, him." Bella asked not wanting to say Edward's name.

"No." Alice said looking at Bella resignedly, "He only calls in once every few months. He says he wants to be alone."

Bella looked down at her lap clearly not wanting that to be what Alice told her. Alice scrunched her nose clearly smelling something bad. Noah, always the curious one, took a sniff and scrunched his nose up as well.