Sunburn (4)

Noah sat next to Rosalie watching Carlisle wrap Bella's hand with his arms crossed. It seems like Jacob has trouble processing that Bella is in a relationship. Noah wasn't happy that he kissed her, but found it amusing that Bella punched him even though it hurt her hand.

"Did you try to walk and chew gum again Bella?" Emmett asked as he perched himself on the table next to Bella.

Bella laughed a little, "I punched a werewolf in the face."

Emmett smirked at her nodding, "Badass. You're going to be one tuff little newborn."

"Tuff enough to take you on." Bella smirked back, but that wasn't settling with Rosalie.

Noah watched her throw the newspaper onto the coffee table and walk out of the room. Noah sighed standing up as well. "Don't worry about it Bella."

"Got any leads?" Edward asked looking at Jasper and Carlisle.

Noah listened, but also watched as Bella walk towards the direction Rosalie went. Noah shook his head, but decided to not interfere.

"No sign of the intruder, though Victoria continues to make an appearance." Jasper said making Noah growl at the mention of Victoria's name.

"Noah, we know you're still angry about what happened, but don't let that cloud your mind." Carlisle explained looking at Noah.

Noah looked down, "I know. Let's just focus on the intruder and the situation in Seattle."

Noah leaned his elbows down on the table quietly listening to the three chat. He felt a hand go on his back rubbing it. He turned to his side seeing Rosalie standing there.

"Hey, is everything ok?" Noah asked as he sat up wrapping an arm around her.

"Yeah, everything is fine." Rosalie reassured smiling at him.

Noah smiled planting a kiss on her forehead before tuning into the conversation again. He didn't notice Bella watching him and Rosalie from her spot beside Edward.

***

It took a lot of convincing for Noah to go to Bella's graduation ceremony for the fear of losing control, but in the end he went. He knew he had to get over that fear since he only slipped once.

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case, a princess." Jessica smiled from the podium on stage looking at all the graduates and family, "When we were ten they asked again. We answered rockstar, cowboy, or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up they want a serious answer. Well, how about this, who the hell knows?"

Noah smiled a little shaking his head glancing at Charlie. "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck there. Fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way you can make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again because nothing's permeant."

Noah stood up with Charlie clapping as Bella walked up the stage to receive her diploma. He was glad that he decided to come because he was able to have a moment of feeling like a proud big brother. Also to listen to Jessica's speech, which was surprisingly good.

"So, make as many mistakes as you can. That way some day when they ask us what we want to be we won't have to guess, we'll know."

***

Noah carried a bowl of punch as he followed Alice down the stairs. He was focused on trying to not spill it that he almost ran into Alice. "Whoa!"