Chapter 9

Soojin started opening up to Jungkook. She told him everything about her past and how important her grandma was to her. Jungkook in the other hand, remained patient and just listened to Soojin.

"So you're telling me, you just confessed to Jimin because you thought you would get over your depression?" Jungkook asked Soojin to be sure.

"Yeah. You might think that I never did like him, but I did. We actually used to be friends ever since we were kids because of our parents, and well he confessed to me before but I rejected him. And then I realized that I liked him when we were already in high school. And you know what happened after I confessed to him. So I felt hurt because my friend of a long time just decided to end our friendship there. Maybe if he didn't act like a total douche then we would've stayed as friends at least." Soojin replied. By this point, Soojin has opened up about most of her past to Jungkook.

"So the reason for your depression was a lot of things piling up. First was the death of your grandma. Then the puppy she gave you disappeared and then Jimin." Jungkook said while listing all once again.

"Yeah. If I would get another chance to meet my grandma again, I would make it up to her. I would visit her more often. I would make cookies with her. I would spend time with her." Soojin said as she reminisced all the memories she had with her grandma.

"Do you want to visit her grave?" Jungkook suggested. Soojin was taken aback by Jungkook's suggestion. But in the end she agreed to it, because she had one last thing to say to her grandma before she finally lets go.

They took the subway to go to Seoul National Cemetery and after a while they arrived. They were in the entrance of the cemetery when, Soojin started remembering everything. From her grandma's lifeless body to the moment they lowered the coffin. She started shaking and she was sweating from the memories. She usually had nightmares as the past kept on haunting her.

Jungkook noticed Soojin shaking and sweating and he knew he had to do something.

"Soojin noona. Noona." Jungkook called her but she didn't budge. It was like she couldn't hear anything.

Jungkook decided to hold her hand to get her attention and it worked. Soojin instantly looked at Jungkook with widened eyes and a tear escaped her brown orbs. She let out a shaky breath and finally calmed herself down.

"This is worse than I thought. Do you get nightmares?" Jungkook asked. Soojin nodded as her trauma started to kick in again. Just as she was about to lose herself, Jungkook held her in a tight embrace.

"It's fine. I'm here." Jungkook hushed Soojin down. Soojin took a few deep breaths and regained her composure.

Soojin lead the way to her grandma's grave. As they were getting closer, Soojin's grip on Jungkook's hand got tighter and then they eventually reached the grave.

"Here it is." Soojin said while signalling towards the grave. Her heart was clenching and it was hard for her to breathe, but she fought it.

Jungkook kneeled down with flowers and the puppy in his arms. "Annyeonghaseyo halmeoni. I'm Soojin noona's friend, Jungkook." Jungkook said as he set the flowers down. Baby's breath, Soojin's and her grandma's favorite flower.

Soojin started crying silently, as she watched Jungkook.

"Halmeoni. Soojin told me everything and we decided to come visit you because I wanted to at least greet you and thank you for taking care of Soojin for a long time. If possible halmeoni, I want to gain your blessing as I'm the person who's trying to cheer Soojin up. And maybe, just maybe this will end her depression." Jungkook said while standing up and looking at Soojin.