17

"Scott?" I whispered/yelled down the hallway. I lost him. I got separated from him and Kira and now I'm being hunted by the beast. Well, I got away. For the time being...

"Fuck," I groaned, holding onto the wound on my head. Hoping to stop the blood from continuing down the side of my face.

I could hear the growling and roaring of the beast on the other side of the school so I knew I was safe.

As I pushed opened the doors to the library, I fell into a chair. I lifted up what was left of my ripped shirt and looked at the huge, deep scratch on my side. I could already feel it healing though. I just needed to rest, and soon get some blood.

The smell of human blood intoxicated my nose. I pushed the chair from behind me so fast it fell over as I stood up.

I just now realized that I was not alone in the library. Multiple beating hearts triggered my hearing. They were all beating so fast, as was mine, with fear.

My eyes finally adjusted to the darkness and I saw many of my fellow classmates peering their heads around sides of bookshelves.

 "It's going to be okay," I whispered and walked closer to all of them, hoping to calm them down.

I could still hear screaming everywhere outside the library. I heard a growl too, though it wasn't the beasts. Scott's alive for sure. Most likely hurt.

I have to find- As if on cue, Scott burst through the doors of the library. He grunted and panted as he fell against a table.

I ran to his side immediately, wrapping my arms around him to help him stand up. Even though I was in a lot of pain, so was he.

"Are you-" He clamped his hand over my mouth, a scared look in his eyes. He shook his head and mouthed to me that we need to be quiet.

I heard the beast outside of the library. He was close... Really close.

Scott looked to the side of me and saw students sitting on the ground. He looked at me and I shrugged. I didn't know what to do with them when I got here. It's safer in here than out there. But, I have a feeling it's not gonna be too safe in a minute.

Scott let go of me, able to hold himself up now. He looked at the kids, then around the library. I watched his eyebrow twitch up as he got an idea. I followed his line of vision up to the second floor. 

He nodded up to Sydney, a girl in our Economics class. She looked upwards but didn't get what Scott was trying to imply.

"Go upstairs!" He whispered softly to everyone. Nobody hesitated to get up and run quietly up the stairs.

I could hear the roaring getting closer. The Beast is getting closer. Heavy footsteps approaching fast.

The Beast pushed the doors opened and growled at Scott and I. Scott and I both shifted, ready to fight. Scott glowed his red eyes and growled back at the beast.

I ran for the Beast first. I jumped up and punched it hard across the face. I landed on my feet and whipped my hair back. I smirked since I did some damage to him. The impact was so hard, the Beast fell and broke the windows of the library.

I guess I got too cocky because the Beast was too fast for me to react as it stabbed it large claws into my stomach, then back handed me across the whole library.

I couldn't help but let out a blood-curdling scream from pain and fear as I looked at the actual hole through my stomach. I have no idea how I'm not dead yet.

 "Brianna!" Scott yelled and I heard The Beast roar again.  

My vision was blurry but I could hear Scott fighting the Beast. I know that Scott wasn't winning because I heard things break and Scott groaning in pain.