22

"Oh, my gosh! They're real!" Okafur yelled.

"We gotta get out of here!" Wallace yelled in fear.

"Stay together! We'll protect you!" Liam yelled to the boys.

"How?" Gwen yelled.

I shifted, ready for a fight. 

"Run!" Scott yelled.

Corey grabbed mine and Scott's hands showing us that we were completely surrounded. We all turned our backs to each other and huddled in a circle so everyone had an eye on one.

"Stay close!" Liam yelled.

Then they began to shoot. Okafur was first.

Someone bumped into Corey, making him lose his grip on Scott and I. 

"I can still see them!" Scott yelled.

No! Dammit!

"I can see them too," I said in utter disappointment.

I heard a loud growl behind me so I turned around and saw Liam's yellow eyes glowing through the rain.

He ran and jumped for one of the riders, tackling it off his horse.

"Liam!" Scott jumped forward but I pulled him back as another rider appeared in front of us.

Liam punched the thing multiple times before he was pushed off. The rider got up and aimed his gun. Scott growled and shifted quickly. A gunshot went off, missing Liam and hitting Wallace.

"We can't stop 'em!" Liam yelled once he ran back to us.

"Protect Gwen!" Scott yelled, as Gwen was the only one left of the four we were trying to keep safe since the beginning.

Scott let out a loud roar toward them and I shifted without impulse. I was very confused why that happened. I wasn't even apart of his pack. 

One jumped off his horse so I took this as my turn. I ran for it and wrapped my arm around it's neck, swinging it around and throwing it in the direction of another. I use his body to knock one off it's horse.

"Brianna, look out!" Scott yelled.

I turned around and saw a gun pointed straight at my face. I grabbed it quickly and pushed it into the air right as he pulled the trigger. 

Gwen jumped right in front of me yelling, "Come on!"

"No!" Scott yelled.

The rider shot her right in the head, I caught her as she fell backwards, green smoke surrounded us as her body disappeared in my arms.

Then they were all gone and the storm stopped.

***

I leaned on the wall, squeezing water onto the floor from my hair as Scott talked on the phone. Liam, Hayden, Corey and Mason turned around the corner walking our way.

"Everyone from the bunker has been taken," Scott said putting his phone away.

"Everyone? How?" Mason asked in shock.

"Doesn't matter how," Liam mumbled.

"Malia is at the hospital. Argent's been hurt. My mom's with them," said Scott.

Scott began to walk away but Liam stopped him.

"Tonight..." Liam began.

"No. Hey, it's not your fault," Scott shook his head. "It's mine. We should have done both. Defend the bunker and use a lighting rod. It would have given us a better chance."