24

"You're going to bite Stiles?" I asked Scott in complete shock.

"To get him through the rift," Scott sighed and walked over to a desk in the Police Station. "It's the only way."

Peter raised his hand and walked toward us. "Just to clarify, are you planning on biting everyone in the train station?"

Scott lowered his head, "With Stiles back, he'll be able to figure out a plan."

"He's good at that," Lydia said.

I didn't agree to this at all. I know Stiles doesn't want that life. He might have at one point, but not now. But, part of me is also thinking that this could be the only way to get him back... That's the selfish part of me thinking.

"So the plan is to get Stiles to come up with a plan," Peter said sarcastically.

"You can shut up now," Malia groaned.

"Malia, look around. We're the only ones left in Beacon Hills." Peter motioned to the empty Police Station. "If they take us, Lydia will be the only one left to haunt this place."

"That's why I'm the only person going in," Scott said.

"No way, I'm not letting you go in there alone," I crossed my arms over my chest and put my foot down.

"Brianna, I have to go alone. We need as much people as we can to stay in Beacon Hills. Liam and Hayden will stay here with Mason. As long as somebody is left, the Wild Hunt can't move on."

"I like your plan, Scott. I really do, especially the part about turning Stiles. But it can't work," Peter shrugged.

"How do you know?" Malia asked quietly.

"Logic," he rolled his eyes. "Life experience. Liam, what are the odds he'll get taken? What if Stiles isn't there? What if there's no Beacon Hills for you to come back to?"

"You got a better idea?" Liam asked him.

"Yeah. It's called, 'Run like hell'," Peter paused and gave a quick glance to all of us. "So... leave in five?"

Malia strolled up to him and said in a hushed voice, "You promised you'd help us. We still need to find the rift."

"I didn't promise I'd help you commit suicide."

"If you can't help, we'll find it ourselves," Scott raised his voice.

"Scott, I admit you have a flare for beating the odds. But, this? You don't walk away from." Peter backed up towards the door. "You run." He then dashed out the door.

***

Scott, Lydia, Malia and I drove out to the preserve. Malia leading the way to where her and Peter went last night. Around the place Peter landed when he escaped the Wild Hunt. The rift has to be around here some where.

"When you were here before, how long until the Ghost Riders showed up?" Scott asked Malia.

"A couple minutes," she answered.

"That's reassuring," Lydia mumbled.

"What's a rift supposed to look like?" I asked, kicking a rock that was on the ground.

"If it's a tear in the fabric of our world. Theoretically it could look like anything from a microscopic black hole to a free-floating Einstein-Rosen Bridge." Lydia stopped, making us all stop, as she looked up in the sky. "I really hope it's not up there."

Scott sighed and looked around. "Let's split up."

The four of us parted in different directions, not going too far, just looking around for anything under the ordinary.